# on Program ROL & Match Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssm7190

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was curious if there is any hope if someone is ranked in the middle of ROL (30/62) for 5 positions??

Members don't see this ad.

i guess will find out in a few days, but it is stressful...sometimes we prefer mediocre programs over top programs bc of family reasons

i was curious if there is any hope if someone is ranked in the middle of ROL (30/62) for 5 positions??

Instead of asking the same question 10 times. There is a NRMP document that show the average # of spots each specialty goes on there rank list per spot they have.

i know...am 5-6 #s below average, but in middle of program ROL

umean2tellme: what do u mean n how?

That particular program historically does not go past 25 on its ROL.

plus a program will not rank 12x if it is certain it only goes down 5x....a couple of my top programs (better than this) were unmatched within last couple of years.

haha loll am just scared to leave family

Everyone starts out with 0% chance of matching to a program. Add 1% for each time you ask if you'll match there.

It's actually the reverse -- the folks who incessantly worry that they ranked too few places more often did. Most of the time there is an underlying reason for ones being so worried and it may have come across in the interview setting. OP, there is always SOAP --I'm sure Something good will slip through the cracks.

Why is everyone so mean? I understand what it feels like to be stressed out about this. Good for anyone who can know that their fate is currently in a computer somewhere right now, just waiting to be printed and stuffed into an envelope and NOT freak out. Personally, I'm stressed as hell. I don't deal well with situations in which a computer algorithm controls the outcome of the next 3-5 years of my life.

Why is everyone so mean? I understand what it feels like to be stressed out about this. Good for anyone who can know that their fate is currently in a computer somewhere right now, just waiting to be printed and stuffed into an envelope and NOT freak out. Personally, I'm stressed as hell. I don't deal well with situations in which a computer algorithm controls the outcome of the next 3-5 years of my life.

Why not? Much rather it be a computer than a human. Humans suck balls and are prone to error.