On the phone with Pearson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
tenor.gif

That's all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I dofn’t Think they could get worse, but they have....a lot. My tech told me they redid the website. They lost my registration in, account #, etc. It took multiple emails and phone calls to fix. My fav Pearson frustration beyond the jank customer service and spotty website is their inflated shipping prices. We just ordered a couple of packets of protocols and some online credits and shipping was $35! I really really dislike them.

Reactions: 1 user
I dofn’t Think they could get worse, but they have....a lot. My tech told me they redid the website. They lost my registration in, account #, etc. It took multiple emails and phone calls to fix. My fav Pearson frustration beyond the jank customer service and spotty website is their inflated shipping prices. We just ordered a couple of packets of protocols and some online credits and shipping was $35! I really really dislike them.
One of my certifications in their system was listed as expired in 2014 and lead to problems with purchasing. After 2 hours today they resolved my issue.

"Verified the expiration date of 14-Feb-2021. New system uses Canadian date writing of year-month-day 21-Feb-14."

Pearson has been a nightmare from a teaching perspective as well. There are 3-4 separate login sites to access different instructor resources/platforms—why? They also have reps who are ridiculously slow to act when you need anything. They treat their ongoing customers pretty badly, at least in my experience. When it takes a semi-threatening email from a higher-up in a department (after 2-3 weeks of ignored requests/not doing anything to remedy the issue) just to get a desk copy of a textbook and instructor access to the site, that’s a problem.

Pearson has been a nightmare from a teaching perspective as well. There are 3-4 separate login sites to access different instructor resources/platforms—why? They also have reps who are ridiculously slow to act when you need anything. They treat their ongoing customers pretty badly, at least in my experience. When it takes a semi-threatening email from a higher-up in a department (after 2-3 weeks of ignored requests/not doing anything to remedy the issue) just to get a desk copy of a textbook and instructor access to the site, that’s a problem.

Same experience. It is as though they actively try to confuse and frustrate you. I've moved away to other publishers if I have a choice in the matter.

Can someone please explain the difference between q local and global? I have two q local USB counters that won't link to my account, but now I'm thinking q global would make more sense. I wish Pearson were as easy to deal with as Par

Can someone please explain the difference between q local and global? I have two q local USB counters that won't link to my account, but now I'm thinking q global would make more sense. I wish Pearson were as easy to deal with as Par
We use QGlobal. It’s a web based system, requiring logging in with a password. You can purchase subscriptions that allow for unlimited use. You can also purchase “usages” for single use. I use it primarily for scoring BASC-3 that has been completed on paper forms. It generates a report, but I don’t use it (it’s like 10 pages long for just this one instrument!). We also have a subscription for Vineland-3, but I find that one easier to just score by hand. I’ve used it once or twice for having parents complete Spanish versions on the computer when I didn’t have Spanish paper forms (which required purchasing “usages” as it’s not include with subscription). It does offer remote completion where you can send a link to someone (e.g., a teacher) for them to complete a scale online (I just give parents forms to give to teacher and bring back to me). Overall, I guess it’s convenient, by scoring things by hand doesn’t take much time. I’ve also created auto score spreadsheets in excel (for example, for the SRS-2) that do the same thing.

Right.. So why would anyone want something else? The Pearson woman did not know anything about her product because she told me q global was for a large network of computers, but it is cheaper annually and doesn't require a stupid cd download and USB counter.
I believe q global is scored "in the cloud" rather than locally.

Ok. So maybe I'll just keep it. You have been far more helpful than Pearson. Thank you! Still have to call Monday to deal with this mess. Neither links to my account either. Woo hoo!
A couple guesses: regulations regarding patient confidentiality and sharing data in larger organizations, lack of internet connectivity, etc. I personally would prefer to have the scoring available and done on a local machine.
20190616_145535.jpeg

I refuse to have my data in the cloud bc if I need it and there are problems w connectivity, accessing their server, etc...no bueno.

I also have significant concerns about administering anything on an iPad w/o rigorous peer-reviewed research proving equivalency.

I could go on...and on, but it’s a gorgeous day out, so i’m going to go play some golf and try to avoid thinking about Pearson until I absolutely have to think about them. :D Good luck to anyone who has to deal with their ineptitude.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok. Will deal with calling them tomorrow. Send good vibes!
I refuse to have my data in the cloud bc if I need it and there are problems w connectivity, accessing their server, etc...no bueno.

I also have significant concerns about administering anything on an iPad w/o rigorous peer-reviewed research proving equivalency.

I could go on...and on, but it’s a gorgeous day out, so i’m going to go play some golf and try to avoid thinking about Pearson until I absolutely have to think about them. :D Good luck to anyone who has to deal with their ineptitude.

I've had a bill I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to pay since January. I think they changed their online bill pay a few times in the past couple months. They make it impossible to pay this bill, unless I call and wait on hold, which I'm not doing. The good news is that every bill shows I am in the <30 day range, and the bill due date is always pushed out 1 month. So technically, my January bill is now due in July.