On the Verge of Tears...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD-2-B

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been studying for about 2 months, and my test is on July 24.

I took my first Achiever test a couple of days ago and got these scores:

PAT - 15
RC - 20
BIO - 19
CHEM - 17
O.CHEM - 19
QR - 18
AA - 19
TS - 19

So I thought I was in pretty good shape for exam time, but was worried about my G.chem and PAT. I took the second test today (except for QR) and here are my HORRIBLE science scores!

PAT - 18
RC - 21
BIO - 15 :(
CHEM - 16 :(
O. Chem - 15 :(
TS - 15 :(

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO Freaking out for the real thing now! Has anyone had a similar experience? What happened when you took the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

DMD-2-B said:
So I've been studying for about 2 months, and my test is on July 24.

I took my first Achiever test a couple of days ago and got these scores:

PAT - 15
RC - 20
BIO - 19
CHEM - 17
O.CHEM - 19
QR - 18
AA - 19
TS - 19

So I thought I was in pretty good shape for exam time, but was worried about my G.chem and PAT. I took the second test today (except for QR) and here are my HORRIBLE science scores!

PAT - 18
RC - 21
BIO - 15 :(
CHEM - 16 :(
O. Chem - 15 :(
TS - 15 :(

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO Freaking out for the real thing now! Has anyone had a similar experience? What happened when you took the real DAT?

If you look around this forum you will find other Achiever scores that are equally abysmal where the person did much better on the real thing. From what I hear I would not take an Achiever test and correlate that with what you may get on the actual DAT. What it can tell you and should tell you is any weaknesses that you may have. Look back over the problems and work them out. Find out why your answer was wrong and why the others were right. You still have time to either find out your trouble spots or even reschedule the test. Just make sure you notify the testing center within two business days. Best of luck in your preparations and remember that freaking out will not help you one bit!

If I could cry, I'd be crying with you because my scores on achiever and topscore suck too. But I can't...botched facelift.

No, really, it's fine. we all did horrible on achiever and topscore. It was usually impossible to break 20, and when people did, those people went on to score like 26 on the real things...the rest of the normal people on SDN just got in the low twenties.

I'm taking my test tomorrow and will post all my pretest and then DAT scores so you will see, but don't be scared if I totally bomb cause I'm not even able to completely finish a practice DAT in one sitting anymore...brain got broken during the last month of studying I think.

All of my practice test scores were lower than what I got on the DAT....
You will do fine... simmer down :)

Members don't see this ad :)
djeffreyt said:
If I could cry, I'd be crying with you because my scores on achiever and topscore suck too. But I can't...botched facelift.

No, really, it's fine. we all did horrible on achiever and topscore. It was usually impossible to break 20, and when people did, those people went on to score like 26 on the real things...the rest of the normal people on SDN just got in the low twenties.

I'm taking my test tomorrow and will post all my pretest and then DAT scores so you will see, but don't be scared if I totally bomb cause I'm not even able to completely finish a practice DAT in one sitting anymore...brain got broken during the last month of studying I think.

good luck on your test dude!!!

i know what you mean.. those practice tests made me feel so low . especially the acheiver exam. I stopped taking a lot of sections, just b/c it was killing my confidence, and that's something i really needed to build up as exam day got closer. From your scores though, I think you'll be fine. don't take these scores too too seriously as almost everyone does better on the real thing! No need to worry so much! Just keep studying hard! Good luck with everything~

don't worry about practice scores. you're doing them to learn from them . You will know when you are prepared