1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

once and for all, audioosmosis, yes or no?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by princessd3, Apr 21, 2004.

1. princessd3

princessd3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Considering getting EK MCAT audioosmosis. Who has had good experience with it. Who has had bad?
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

I broke down and bought them about 4 months ago. I would say that my experience was ok, but don't get them if you are taking a prep-course. Take notes the first time you listen to a lecture, then you can listen to the lecture anytime as a refresher.

On the mcat, I actually thought of one of their lame a$s jokes

4. Freakingzooming

Freakingzooming Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i don't know... I didn't use them but Ive heard good things from them.

in alll trooth, you need practice to do well on this horrid test. While you also need prep as in terms of background stuff, you shouldn't spend all your money and energy into memorizing little details. Practice kaplan sections if you can.

5. DSM

DSM
    7+ Year Member

I used the audio osmosis in conjunction with the examkracker books..... Using the two together helped me a lot! The CD's enabled me to listen and 'study' while driving to and from work and school giving me an hour a day of studying I would not normally have gotten. I don't have time to take a course like Kaplan so the two together........the books and the CD's were perfect!

6. jeffsleepy

jeffsleepy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Depends on your learning style. You should know by now how you like to learn. I got them off of ebay at around $60-$70. They didn't really work for me since I'm a very visual learning and I can't picture many things in my head when I just listen to them. If you learn well by lectures, however, they might be of more use to you.

7. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I highly recommend AO. I commute about 25 minutes to and from school each day and so I saved alot of timing listening to these lectures in my car. I would also listen when I ate lunch and dinner at school sometimes. I had a friend who was allowed to have headphones on at work--so he was just chillin at the lab listening to AO--working AND studying!

So depending on your situation, AO could be a real time saver for you.

8. terzian

terzian MS4
    7+ Year Member

I vote yes. Jordan and Jon, lovable goofballs that they are, made me not hate some of the physics, and I too thought of some of their stupid jokes during the test.

9. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

It's a good supplement. Not gonna really bring your score up, but it's good to get the basics... I would actually laugh in the library when listening to it on my cd player... good guys.

10. zeeMD

zeeMD Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would definetly recommend it.. I use them right after I finish the EK books and it seems to make sense. Also u can use them to revist the materials. BTW I got the best deal on the new ones from books a million.com.. Hope this helps

11. buomyta

buomyta Member
    7+ Year Member

I bought them. Used them for my 2 hr trip to the Kaplan site. Listened to them in the bathroom. Used them while I was cleaning the house. They are worth the investment. Don't buy them directly through ExamKrackers. You can get them much cheaper via Barnes/Nobles/Amazon/Ebay or others.

12. elephino

elephino Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree that they are worth it. I, too, spend a lot of time commuting, and listening to the CD's while in the car helped me to feel like I wasn't wasting my precious MCAT study time.
    Of course, they need to be supplemental. I also used the EK books and felt well prepared for all the possible topics on the MCAT.
    (plus I think Jordan and Jon deserve the business, I think EK was great-nice format-different from all the boring textbooks we're used to reading!)