Once MCAT scores are released, how long will it take to get to the schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reese07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT scores will be released Sept. 28 and I know there are schools with an Oct 1 or 15 deadline. If I already have my primary and secondaries in and just waiting for the MCAT scores, will it not be too late?

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT scores will be released Sept. 28 and I know there are schools with an Oct 1 or 15 deadline. If I already have my primary and secondaries in and just waiting for the MCAT scores, will it not be too late?

It'll get to AMCAS/sschool around a month later...It PROBABLY won't be "officially late" but it'll be "unofficially late", in the sense that you're one of the latest students they look at, for schools that are on rolling admissions.

It'll get to AMCAS/sschool around a month later...It PROBABLY won't be "officially late" but it'll be "unofficially late", in the sense that you're one of the latest students they look at, for schools that are on rolling admissions.
?? I thought it was just an electronic release??

Members don't see this ad :)
?? I thought it was just an electronic release??

I meant a month after you take the test; sorry if that wasn't clear!

The schools have to receive it and also process it, and we all know it takes schools a long time to do paperwork at that point in the cycle.

I dont recall schools with that earlier of a deadline for AMCAS... but damn Oct 1! :scared: