Once you know your weakness in VR, how do you improve upon it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AWhitehair

EM PA-C. MD wannabe
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finally found a recurring pattern in the qs I get wrong in the AAMC VR passages and EK 1001 q's.

I get about 2 wrong per passage, but on the AAMC 10 q passages I seem to always do very poorly on one.

Anyway, it seems like most of the q's I get wrong start with "According to the passage, blah blah blah" or "The passage suggests, blah blah blah."

Now that I know these are a problem for me, how do I work specifically on that?

I do really well on the questions about the author and what the author endorses for some reason.

Members don't see this ad.

AWhitehair said:
I have finally found a recurring pattern in the qs I get wrong in the AAMC VR passages and EK 1001 q's.

I get about 2 wrong per passage, but on the AAMC 10 q passages I seem to always do very poorly on one.

Anyway, it seems like most of the q's I get wrong start with "According to the passage, blah blah blah" or "The passage suggests, blah blah blah."

Now that I know these are a problem for me, how do I work specifically on that?

I do really well on the questions about the author and what the author endorses for some reason.

With those kind of questions that you're getting wrong, it's likely that it's because the answer choice you're picking is either too specific or too vague.

i think your reading mentality is a bit off. Just keep in the back of your mind the fact that your analyzing as well as reading.

As far as picking out answer choices, if i get stuck with more than one, I pick the one that I can support the best with evidence, not the one that i feel is the right answer

AWhitehair said:

I don't know if this will work, but how about rephrasing those questions to "What would the author suggest" or "Accodring to the author", since you are good at the author questions. It might give you a confidence boost since you know those type of questions are your strength.