Quantcast

Oncology vs. Radiation Oncology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vokey588

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I think both are same. But the only difference is between the oncology radiology specialization which some doctors go for after going for radiology...

That's incorrect. Radiation oncology is a standalone residency and has nothing to do with diagnostic radiology.

Reactions: 1 users

Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think both are same. But the only difference is between the oncology radiology specialization which some doctors go for after going for radiology...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 user

DrTacosMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Clearly wrong. There is an FAQ stickie in the Radiation Oncology sub forum of the residency forum. It's written by an actual radiation oncologist and answers all the questions posed within this thread.

Gigantron

Robot
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Shoot I thought I accidentally clicked pre-allo