one last question regarding EC before I hit the submit button

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think having "startup company" as one of your EC would reflect negatively on me,
a company providing services for drug R&D

currently, my partner and I have registered the company, got ourselves an advisory board consisting faculties from Columbia and Cornell Med, finished negotiatin with several suppliers, blah blah

anyway, would the adcom think I only care about money?
reason I am doing this is that it just seems like a good opportunity and my program director kept encouraging us.....

what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I think it sounds pretty cool, leave it up. Shows leadership and initiative.

I had a momentary flashback to when a friend found out that someone else and his buddy had forged an entire company just so that he could put it on his med apps. Then he listed his buddy as his reference, and so when the surprised adcom called and checked, his buddy very thoroughly described the "company" and their "roles." So he got admitted...:laugh: However, not shortly after I've heard through the grapevine that someone was expelled from his medical school for lying on their app, and so I wonder if that was the guy.:laugh: Sorry, this is totally random, but reading about mentioning start-up companies on med apps just brought back the memories.:hardy:

haha, forging a company
I wonder how the school found out?

it would be awesome if they were to send out spies from upper years during parties and get you to talk after you get drunk