One month away. Best way to prepare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tajima

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sitting for step 1 in one month.

So far I have used the following resources:
1. FA one pass so far. Took forever.
2. Uworld, have approx 20% of the Qbank left. I do 8 to 10 tests in one day and then spend the next 3 or so days reviewing the answers to all of the questions, right or wrong.
3. pathoma, one run through. excellent resource.
4. NBME 11 and 17.
5. UWSA 1.

My strong points are pathology, genetics and physiology.
My weak points are organic biochem and anatomy.

I am so-so on micro, pharm and biostats/ethics.

In my situation what is the best approach for the next month? Does anyone recommend using sketchy or boards and beyond at this stage in the game? Should I do all of the NBMEs? Should I just do repeated passes of FA?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am sitting for step 1 in one month.

So far I have used the following resources:
1. FA one pass so far. Took forever.
2. Uworld, have approx 20% of the Qbank left. I do 8 to 10 tests in one day and then spend the next 3 or so days reviewing the answers to all of the questions, right or wrong.
3. pathoma, one run through. excellent resource.
4. NBME 11 and 17.
5. UWSA 1.

My strong points are pathology, genetics and physiology.
My weak points are organic biochem and anatomy.

I am so-so on micro, pharm and biostats/ethics.

In my situation what is the best approach for the next month? Does anyone recommend using sketchy or boards and beyond at this stage in the game? Should I do all of the NBMEs? Should I just do repeated passes of FA?

Thanks

It depends on your goal. How are your NBMEs/uwsa

The NBME and UWSA scores are good.
I am aiming for a 250 or higher. As high as possible.

I actually find the UWorld questions far easier than the NBME ones because their stems are longer and the answer choices are all quite different, even if I don't know the answer I can logic through most of them. I find the NBME exams are more based on tiny details and one-step reasoning (either you know it or you don't).