One Month Study Help Plan Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm taking the MCAT end of July due to an internship in August...I've been studying on/off since last December...anyways now it's crunch time and my practice test score is not as high was I want. Within the next 2 weeks I was going to do last minute reviewing content all over again and then final 2 weeks just take practice tests.

SO, what is the MOST efficient book to use for each subject:

BIO, ORGO, GEN CHEM, PHYSICS, VERBAL...

Please offer me advice on which book you would use to be most efficient and get the highest score....I have the following books: Kaplan, TPR, EK

BIO:
ORGO:
GEN CHEM:
PHYSICS:
VERBAL:

**Keep in mind I always incorporate practice as well into the reviewing content....my goal is to be done reviewing by 7/10 or 7/15 the latest!!
Thanks and best of luck to everyone...This journey is hard, but with hard work and determination..I know we can make it!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I personally have only used Kaplan for all those subject books. I thought they were very good for Physics and Gen Chem and also basic bio. I'm not sure about VR but the strategy they want you to use is passage mapping and that can take time to develop, so go with EK or TPR, although I have read on some threads that most people generally like EKs VR strategy. Also, orgo I though was presented kind of weird but then again I didn't study as much for that section since I thought I understood it pretty well. I think you can't go wrong if use any of those books. I would say though if you choose Kaplan for PS stuff, stick with it for BS stuff as well. The only exception is the one I mentioned above with the VR since you have limited time. Good luck on your test and remember to review your missed questions in-depth by reviewing the material that gives you a difficult time!!

I have the TPR books. They're pretty good and I haven't found too many problems with them. I am a big practice problem person and luckily, they have a wide variety of passages and free-base questions. The only thing that pisses me off about the books is that they have a ton of nitty gritty trick questions which you have to be aware about. But as far as study material goes, they're excellent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you're pressed for time TPRH is probably not the best idea, since it offers very detailed content review.
A lot of people like EK, since they don't include a whole lot of detail in content review and assume you already know things, but still covers the basics.