One More Full Length - Help Me Decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TJewd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will most likely only be taking one more full length between now and Saturday. I took Kaplan 5 yesterday and got my highest score yet (31).

Which test would be the best to take if I can choose only one?

I have taken Kaplan 1-5 and AAMC 8,9
That leaves Kaplan 6-11 and AAMC 1-7, 10 to choose from

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely definitely definitely definitely an AAMC test. I don't think it matters what AAMC test you take, but definitely don't take a Kaplan. You have a choice between tests made by a prep company or tests made by the real testmakers....Definitely go with AAMC. People say #10 is supposed to be the most recent, but I don't think it says that anywhere does it? I dont know. I don't think they ever release the dates that the CBTs were administered so nobody knows what the most recent one is. Plus, they update all of them to reflect newer tests so I think they're all good.

In times like this I lay out paper with each choice and let my dog choose.

EDIT: Sorry to use DEF so much. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard AAMC 3 is the "best" predictor of what your test day MCAT score will be... Don't remember where I read it, however..

I don't think that's the case. AAMC 3 is usually the worst predictor for the CBT.

Yes, AAMC #10 is the most recent FL from the AAMC and also the best practice FL.

AAMC #3 is considered the worst AAMC FL.

Yes. It's too easy as compared to the CBTs.

ok thanks for the advice, I took AAMC 10 today

PS - 10
VR - 10
BS - 10
Total = 30

I feel like I want to take another one!! Should I just relax and study tomorrow or try to get another practice test in? And if so which one?

I don't think that's the case. AAMC 3 is usually the worst predictor for the CBT.

Yes. It's too easy as compared to the CBTs.

How does one measure the validity of one AAMC to another, if they are all based on the scores that people get?

Is the validity of 10 due to the fact that it's the one most people take after they've completed their studying?

Although all MCATs are comprehensive and draw on the same testing information, there is a style or trend that seems to appear in mcats and the latest mcats seem to focus more on biology than org in the BS and the PS has stronger physics than chem. #10 reflects this set-up form what i understand, but I will be taking it tomorrow. As of now I've taken AAMC #3(before i studied), 6(monday) 7(Tuesday) and 4(today/wednesday) and scored 25, 27, 33, and 32 respectivly. Monday i was pooped becuase it sleeted here in Oklahoma and i was worn out from stopping and pulling cars out of ditches the whole way home with my tow rope and wench, which explains the low performance, but tuesday and today seem to be pretty accurate.