one more time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gynsurgeon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I have posted this before, but thought I would try one more time to see if anybody, anybody out there has any any opinions on Cornell.

Come on people help me out here....I am trying to figure out if this program is worth all of the hassles of living in NYC.
Pretty please?

Ok, at the very least if no one can give me scoop on Cornell...what about Yale?

thanks in advance..... ;)

Members don't see this ad.

gynsurgeon said:
Ok, I know I have posted this before, but thought I would try one more time to see if anybody, anybody out there has any any opinions on Cornell.

Come on people help me out here....I am trying to figure out if this program is worth all of the hassles of living in NYC.
Pretty please?

Ok, at the very least if no one can give me scoop on Cornell...what about Yale?

thanks in advance..... ;)

Hey - I found second looks at my top programs to be vvery helpful.
I interviewed at Yale -- nice benefits for the residents. (one week off duing intern year just to go to some conference, ) good supportive staff. I didn't go to cornell. so I don't know. but on a second look you could test out living in new york for a day or two yourself and see if the hassels are indeed what you imagine them to be.

good luck!

So here's the deal with Cornell. It has a great surgical program and is very well represented in all of the specialties. I think it's major flaw is that the OB part is very private and even though you go to a community hospital for a month or two every year, I don't think it's quite the same. But, if the Labor and Delivery part isnt the most important factor, I think it's fine.
I think as far as environment, it's the same as it is with like every program these days in that the program is slowly getting nicer.
I think the people are also well known enough and there's enough research going on that you'll have a good chance of getting the fellowships you want. I know at least one 4th year didn't match for a fellowship this year but I wonder if it's just because so many people at Cornell want to do fellowships or if it's something else.
Cornell also has that great housing which makes living in New York a little less of a hassle and it's right across the street from the hospital so you don't even have to deal with public transportation.
Anyway, I hope that helps.