One more tribute here for my daughter who committed suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amother

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for reading my previous post, I hope some good comes out of it with all my heart. I just ask oner favor, as a tribute to my daughter Kaitlyn Elkins, will you please click on this video, watch it and read the lyrics. .I know no one likes to take time to click on videos, but please make this exception. It says exactly what I want to say. I will be forever grateful, for me, for Kaitlyn. I hope she has found peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Mom,

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter. Being older, having a family and now being in MD school as a non-trad student, I can tell you that your thread was timely, important and necessary. Depression is rampant in Medical Schools. I started a thread a few weeks ago on SDN on the subject of using psychiatric medications in medical school, and the hate Medical Students posted on the thread towards those other medical students who shared stories that they struggled with depression, sought psychiatric help and more, was frightening. Your daughter needed help and sadly she did not seek it, and that is heart breaking because nothing is worth suicide. All things are passing. Everything gets better . And your daughter missed that.

So, thank you for posting about your daughter. My family and I have discussed her, prayed for her, and my thoughts go out to you because your daughter's story can just as easily be any number of MD students as well . Pray for the medical students please . In that way you can offer up your pain and suffering to a cause that needs more attention!

God bless you, Mom. We hope you find comfort in this journey

Thank you all for reading my previous post, I hope some good comes out of it with all my heart. I just ask oner favor, as a tribute to my daughter Kaitlyn Elkins, will you please click on this video, watch it and read the lyrics. .I know no one likes to take time to click on videos, but please make this exception. It says exactly what I want to say. I will be forever grateful, for me, for Kaitlyn. I hope she has found peace.

R.I.P. Kaitlyn & Rhonda Elkins. <3 <3

"Medical school killed half of their family. It's so sad that med students, residents, and physicians keep doing this and the establishment doesn't do nearly enough." ~ Dr. Savi Chadha

Reactions: 1 users