One more week!! Whoooo!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omni

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but now I'm starting to feel excited and bit easy.
Put in a good 3 months into this MCAT and practically spent my whole summer on this. Now, next week, in 7 days and 4.5 hours from now, I can take my exam and put all this behind me. I feel pretty confident. My AAMC practice exams from 4-6 were 28 and 29s, but after I stepped my game up a bit, 7, 8 and 9 were 31, 34 and 31. Got one more AAMC Practice left, and just 3 more days after that in which I'll just review everything from the 4 pages of my MCAT master review sheet and rest the whole day before the exam.
Then, I'm just gonna go in there and look for a knockout or a submission :)

Members don't see this ad.

So, I don't wanna burst your bubble. I'm just gonna be a realist and tell you my experience, which was:

at this point, YES, i was VERY excited lol. And its awesome to see you're on an upward trend. congrats!
However, I was doing so well i was excited too, but so much so, I couldn't fall asleep the night before! So, i got so nervous, and the whole "no sleep" thing made me worry I wasn't gonna do well, and now i dunno HOW i did!...

if anything, don't get nervous, or excited lol. just take it as it is... another exam.

Definitely exercise a LOT the day before, IMO! At least an hour of running, swimming, etc. It'll drain your restlessness and help you sleep when you really need it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely exercise a LOT the day before, IMO! At least an hour of running, swimming, etc. It'll drain your restlessness and help you sleep when you really need it.

Alright I see where you're coming from with the exercise idea to make you more tired, but this may work out counter intuitively for some people. For instance, I'm one of those people who has simply come to terms with the fact that it takes me multiple hours to fall asleep for a big test the next day.. so I often only get 5-6 hours that night. This reason many have trouble falling asleep isn't because that aren't fatigued yet, but because their mind is alert in anticipation. I can't imagine how much more tired I would be the following morning if I were to add in an especially intense exercise regime the day before.

So, I don't wanna burst your bubble. I'm just gonna be a realist and tell you my experience, which was:

at this point, YES, i was VERY excited lol. And its awesome to see you're on an upward trend. congrats!
However, I was doing so well i was excited too, but so much so, I couldn't fall asleep the night before! So, i got so nervous, and the whole "no sleep" thing made me worry I wasn't gonna do well, and now i dunno HOW i did!...

if anything, don't get nervous, or excited lol. just take it as it is... another exam.
I get what you mean, but I'm pretty much in control of my emotions. I have been feeling restless, but It's been going on this week. Once I get my sleep back in line, I will be able to sleep properly. On days before those big exam days, I try not to think about the exam the next day and on top of that, I go to bed usually one hour before my usual time.

I wouldn't go as far as doing that. Light exercises is at best. You can deplete your glycogen storage and unless you eat some carbs before going to bed, it will hurt you the next morning during the exam. I'm pretty athletic and well-built. I think I'll be able to handle the stress

thanks!

I wouldn't go as far as doing that. Light exercises is at best. You can deplete your glycogen storage and unless you eat some carbs before going to bed, it will hurt you the next morning during the exam. I'm pretty athletic and well-built. I think I'll be able to handle the stress
thanks!

Depends on how often you exercise I suppose. Me, I have trouble falling asleep if I don't get my stress and anxiety out by exercising at least every other day. It makes me a lot happier too. I think if you're in the rhythm, your body needs a higher caloric intake, but still maintains your adipose/glycogen stores day-to-day. I guess I've learned that at least for me, exercise is an important part of any kind of success, whether it's grades or girls :cool:.