Cadet133

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
My doctor told me today that he did not sign the LOR and just uploaded to my ERAS. My question is, if the doctor himself uploaded it wouldn't that be alone authentic? How important is a signed LOR. I waived my right to see it btw

typhoonegator

Neurointensivist
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Status
Attending Physician
It wouldn't bother me FWIW. He really should have put an e-signature on it, but that reflects poorly on him alone. It's not like some King's decree that isn't valid without his wax seal.

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
It is technically a requirement from ERAS that the letters have a signature on them. I have no idea if they'd reject the letter or just process it through though.

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
What are the odds of this actually getting caught?
They review all the letters to make sure that they were at least uploaded to the correct person (I.e. that they refer to applicant John Smith rather than Jane Doe), so my bet is that they'll notice. Whether they care is another question.

Dharma

7+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2010
The Path of the Righteous, man.
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They review all the letters to make sure that they were at least uploaded to the correct person (I.e. that they refer to applicant John Smith rather than Jane Doe), so my bet is that they'll notice. Whether they care is another question.
You really think they review all of them? How can you be sure?

inmyslumber

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
It is technically a requirement from ERAS that the letters have a signature on them. I have no idea if they'd reject the letter or just process it through though.
If you upload a SLOR there is no place for a signature. A LOR should be signed but I am not sure it is actually a requirement