One piece of advice for people interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Know why you want to go to the school you are interviewing at. And you need to do better than I like the city.

Members don't see this ad.

How about "it's a medical school" ?

This seems to be a good reason to research the schools you are applying to before you click that AMCAS submit button, and especially before you interview. I spent a lot of time researching schools prior to applying, and when it came down to it, there were only 8 schools that I knew I would want to attend. It saves money, time, anxiety, and it makes the dreaded "why (insert school)?" question at interviews an easy one. Of course, this is just my opinion. A lot of people have great luck casting their net far and wide - it does increase your chances theoretically I suppose and if you can afford it, go for it! But, one could argue that it makes pinpointing your reasons for applying to any one school a little more challenging. My $0.02 :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Jalby
Know why you want to go to the school you are interviewing at. And you need to do better than I like the city.

It sounds like you or your friend just interviewed someone who couldn't say why he/she wanna goto USC...

hmm...calbee, your tag line is interesting...i'm persian, but i don't think white boys are like vanilla....
btw, this is not related in any way to the sentence above, but galbi is mighty tasty.....so is bi bim bop....

Originally posted by camstah
hmm...calbee, your tag line is interesting...i'm persian, but i don't think white boys are like vanilla....
btw, this is not related in any way to the sentence above, but galbi is mighty tasty.....so is bi bim bop....

I never know how to spell Korean BBQ, but I always thought it was "Kalbi"?? ANyways, doesn't matter, it came from the pronounciation of Korean characters.

And I think the whole Vanilla White Boy comment doesn't apply to Persians only. It's probably more true to race such as Japanese, Korean, Filippino, Chinese, Thai, etc.

yeah, i've seen it spelled both ways...either way it still tastes good :)