One quick question about physiology textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x-linked

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you guys use physiology by costanzo or BRS physiology by her for the 1st year physiology course? thanks :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

STARS Physiology by Costanzo is much better for the class. The BRS is, as one might guess, is good for board review.

x-linked said:
do you guys use physiology by costanzo or BRS physiology by her for the 1st year physiology course? thanks :D :D :D

Both of her books are excellent and a great fairly quick read. If you have the time and really care about learning the stuff, I'd say read the larger book, and then review with the BRS book.

I've emailed her a couple of times over questions/ slight errors in the book, and she has always personally gotten right back to me very quickly to answer my questions, or whatever. Very nice lady, and very interested in making sure people get the most from her material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had the Costanzo book and thought NMS was FAR superior. NMS was the only text I used...... first week to the final.

Havarti666 said:
STARS Physiology by Costanzo is much better for the class. The BRS is, as one might guess, is good for board review.
Correct.

so for which courses can i use BRS or other review book, assuming that the textbook is not time-efficient

x-linked said:
so for which courses can i use BRS or other review book, assuming that the textbook is not time-efficient

I would say probably Neuro and Embryo. Depends on your profs. Maybe Lippincott's for biochem.