One stat that worries me about TUFTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quick Slvr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has been in the back of my mind for a while, but the Scores from the first part of the boards before the class of 04 and 05 were excellent ( ranked in the top 10 for dental schools), but what happened to the class of 04 and 05. I remember, during the interview someone asking Mark that question, but i dont remember getting a clear answer. Generally people just didn't do that well comparing to the previous years... Can some one give me a clear answer. I remember that there were some changes made during the years that might have caused the scores to drop below everyones expectations. I am shooting for high board scores, but these stats are worring me that i wont be in the very best of position to get good board scores. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I asked this question to Mark at my interview but forgot his answer.....I dont remember if it was a "politician" style of answer. But if my memory serves me correct, this issue has been addressed before adn I think some current Tufts students had some answers. Search the username Dante60, cause I think he was the one that answered it.

Hey!! So quick did you decide on Tufts?

Um...at my interview he said that the classes beforehand were a lot more competitive, which is why they ranked in the fifth and sixth. Now, I'm sure they had made some changes that contributed to the ranking having gotten worse.

claud

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I heard from some Tufts students, the reason the ranking dropped was due to the hectic 2nd year schedule they have.

Does anyone know where I can find the rankings for board scores?

Thanks

Dentaldream, the ranking for board scores are in the thick tuft's interview info book kindda thing lol, where all the information about tufts can be found.

Claudiadent, yes i am about 90 percent sure i will be going to tufts. Tufts all the way !!:clap: :clap: :clap: Its one of the best clinical schools with an awsome faculity. One of the professors ( distant relative) i know in Boston the is an excutive director of institute of behavioral research told me Tufts is one of the best school in the east coast. Its good to know that the school is highly reguarded.

Thanks for your help everyone !!

So 10% sure you will be going where?

The boards are extremely important to me too. I primarily chose Tufts because of its good reputation with clinical training and the boards. My friend is graduating this year from tufts. She scored above a ninety, and is moving now for a postgraduate program. She said that as long as you study you will be fine. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you prefer to go somewhere where they give you lots of time off to study for the boards. I heard that Tufts only gives you one week without distractions while other schools give you 2-3 weeks....but still if people can score high so can you...it just takes work! Well, maybe I will see you this fall.

claudiadent

Quick Slvr said:
Dentaldream, the ranking for board scores are in the thick tuft's interview info book kindda thing lol, where all the information about tufts can be found.

Does that include all the schools in the country? I'd like to see a list of the all of the schools if possible. Anyone know a link to it?

Dentaldream said:
Does that include all the schools in the country? I'd like to see a list of the all of the schools if possible. Anyone know a link to it?

Doesn't exist.

We should add this question to the FAQ, it seems to get asked periodically.

sorry, it only includes the ranking for tufts