One step closer to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMav

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am one step closer to getting into a dental school. Can you guess how?

Yes, I have taken my DAT today and I am all done :) .
Here are my scores:
BIO: 23
GC : 25
OC : 27
PAT: 22
RC : 19 :mad:
QR : 22
TS : 25
AA : 23

Thanks you guys for all your prompt answers and explanations and guidance. I am satisfied with my scores overall but I am mad at myself for a 19 in RC. Overall I think the real DAT is not as bad as the practice tests.

BIO: I had many direct questions from my practice tests..Kap, Topscore and Datachiever. I suggest everybody to go thru those tests thoroughly atleast once before the BIG DAY. Nothing confusing, everything was general except a one or two.

GC: Very easy compared to all those practice tests of kaplan. Just knowing the basics and the formulas would help.

OC: Just like GC. Know whats there in the kaplan book and thats enough. Basic aldehydes, ketones, carbocation stability and substitution/elimination mechanisms.

PAT: It was very easy compared to DAT acheiver. The aperture passing and front end were very clear. But I had tough time with cube counting and hole punching. I know these are some of "the easy" sections on PAT but I would say beware. There were some weird folds in hole punching and sometimes I felt as if there were no correct answers. And some cubes were uhhhhh...But overall it was good.

RC: As you can see, i am not eligible to talk about this section :( . This section killed me. I had passages on 1) genes and cancer 2) stocks 3) sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. They all were too lengthy for me. I had two passages with 19 paragraphs each :mad:. I am so mad at myself.

QR: It seemed ok in the beginning but then I had some really weird questions which I had to solve twice.

Overall I think the DAT is not as bad as we think it would be. I dont remember any specific questions that would help you, but if you have any, then I will definitely try to answer them. If I am unable to answer any of your questions ( if any) today, then I will do it tomorrow. I need to go :sleep: , I am craving for it.

All the best everybody else :)

Members don't see this ad.

LMav said:
Hey guys,

I am one step closer to getting into a dental school. Can you guess how?

Yes, I have taken my DAT today and I am all done :) .
Here are my scores:
BIO: 23
GC : 25
OC : 27
PAT: 22
RC : 19 :mad:
QR : 22
TS : 25
AA : 23

Thanks you guys for all your prompt answers and explanations and guidance. I am satisfied with my scores overall but I am mad at myself for a 19 in RC. Overall I think the real DAT is not as bad as the practice tests.

BIO: I had many direct questions from my practice tests..Kap, Topscore and Datachiever. I suggest everybody to go thru those tests thoroughly atleast once before the BIG DAY. Nothing confusing, everything was general except a one or two.

GC: Very easy compared to all those practice tests of kaplan. Just knowing the basics and the formulas would help.

OC: Just like GC. Know whats there in the kaplan book and thats enough. Basic aldehydes, ketones, carbocation stability and substitution/elimination mechanisms.

PAT: It was very easy compared to DAT acheiver. The aperture passing and front end were very clear. But I had tough time with cube counting and hole punching. I know these are some of "the easy" sections on PAT but I would say beware. There were some weird folds in hole punching and sometimes I felt as if there were no correct answers. And some cubes were uhhhhh...But overall it was good.

RC: As you can see, i am not eligible to talk about this section :( . This section killed me. I had passages on 1) genes and cancer 2) stocks 3) sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. They all were too lengthy for me. I had two passages with 19 paragraphs each :mad:. I am so mad at myself.

QR: It seemed ok in the beginning but then I had some really weird questions which I had to solve twice.

Overall I think the DAT is not as bad as we think it would be. I dont remember any specific questions that would help you, but if you have any, then I will definitely try to answer them. If I am unable to answer any of your questions ( if any) today, then I will do it tomorrow. I need to go :sleep: , I am craving for it.

All the best everybody else :)

for the QR- are there many word problems because i am working through the kaplan subject tests and they are taking forever.. and I can't seem to get them right away.. thanks

katdds said:
for the QR- are there many word problems because i am working through the kaplan subject tests and they are taking forever.. and I can't seem to get them right away.. thanks

There were a couple of word problems but not as hard as Kaplan. I would suggest dont waste time on them. They are way too difficult. There were some questions which were difficult to comprehend and you had to read and work them twice. Overall It was not bad. Just a couple like 2-3 here and there. Hope this helps....

LMav said:
There were a couple of word problems but not as hard as Kaplan. I would suggest dont waste time on them. They are way too difficult. There were some questions which were difficult to comprehend and you had to read and work them twice. Overall It was not bad. Just a couple like 2-3 here and there. Hope this helps....

thanks.. and great scores! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, whats up with all these super high DATs? I hope its just SDNers who get these scores and not joe applicant. If this is a sampling of how everyone is doing nowadays I'm in trouble! Good job!

IcemanDDS said:
Man, whats up with all these super high DATs? I hope its just SDNers who get these scores and not joe applicant. If this is a sampling of how everyone is doing nowadays I'm in trouble! Good job!

At this rate, it'll take 28's across the board by the time my cycle comes around :laugh:

Congrats, LMav!

LMav said:
Hey guys,

Didn't notice you eventually made it... truly great scores way above the national means, and congrats! :thumbup: :clap:

Just two questions from your test:

For those weird folds in hole punching, did you find them any harder than those shown in DAT Achiever?

Also, have you found the stock passage in DAT Achiever any similar/helpful compared to the one you saw in the real test? (I know RC is a subjective area to look at, but just your opinion for the sake of other SDNers currently using the same software.)

Thanks.