One step closer - UCONN interview request (please advise)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chieka, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Chieka

Chieka Senior Member

I just got a request for an interview at UCONN (despite the foolishness that has been happening with my app). Has anybody interviewed there? Can you give me some tips, or places to find tips? This is my first interview, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting into ;)

Thanks,

C.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ucbdancn00

ucbdancn00 Senior Member

hey cheika...

how did you get ur request? was via email or snail mail? i'm also waiting on UConn, but haven't heard anything. Congratulations on getting ur first interview!!!:clap: :clap:

also...if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

4. GuesswhozBizzak

Hey Cheika,

Congratulations first of all. They must have seen something they liked in that there application of yours! I am interviewing at UConn on Dec 6th-it is my first interview as well. I searched Interviewfeedback for sample questions from past UConn interviews. The general concensus seems to be that the interview is very relaxed, and they really try to sell the school to you rather than making the experience draining and antagonistic. The school will email you a paper with everything you really need to know about getting there and places to stay etc. I found their website good for giving insight into the program and the style/focus at the school. Know your application well, cause anything in there is fair game, and be aware of your motivations, passions and convictions for medicine. Other than that, relax and be yourself-that is the advice I am giving myself.

~JZ

5. SistaKaren

SistaKaren Displaced Tar Heel

Resident [Any Field]
    Seriously?? I'll be there on the 6th as well! :)

That doesn't sound surprising. I spent my summer at UConn and the people there are totally laid back. It's a very relaxed atmosphere.

Karen

6. Chieka

Chieka Senior Member

Apparently, interviewfeedback.com is under construction. I checked the SDN homepage and got a couple first hand accounts, but I could still more info.

Does anyone know of any other (functioning) websites, or even threads on the SDN forum itself? If you have already interviewed, could you please share your experience?

Thanks,

C.

7. ashylips

ashylips Member

hi chieka,

congratulations on your interview request. hopefully all goes well!