One WEEK and Counting!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingagain

Soon to have no life
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
T-Minus 7 days until the 15th when we everyone who is waiting can (hopefully) get some great news! First round of drinks is on me!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah! I hope I don't get a zillion rejections in the mail on the same day... that would be so depressing. I think I have 6 schools that said they could give me an answer that day.... ::worries::

Does anyone know if people are getting rejected post-interview before the 15th? Or is the 15th just for acceptances?

Jade~

Members don't see this ad :)
the suspense is killing me. of course, the first day i could possibly get an acceptance letter, I'll be out on interviews for almost two weeks. hell, if i knew i got in, i wouldn't be going on half of them. sigh...........

you can get rejected or waitlisted before the 15th. just not accepted before.

It's like the old song says... "The waiting is the hardest part!!!!!!!"

I think the waiting for deadlines was the worst part for me in the whole application process. People who don't go through this process have NO idea what it is like to watch for the mailman, or what it is like to check your email every minute to see if the med school has emailed you (MCV does everything by email).+pissed+

It was enough to drive one CRAZZZZZZYYYYYYY:laugh:

Try not to obsess, especially so early in the process.

Originally posted by Amy B
It's like the old song says... "The waiting is the hardest part!!!!!!!"

Tom Petty, "The Waiting," eh? 1981.

Lots of trads applying this year were barely born when that song came out... ;)

Originally posted by Random Access
Tom Petty, "The Waiting," eh? 1981.

Lots of trads applying this year were barely born when that song came out... ;)

YIKKKEEESSSSSSSS
I must be showing my age:oops:
Actually I was in 8th grade that year.:laugh: :eek:

It sure is getting exciting waiting!!! Amy B, I don't know if I like the MCV email thing. Next wednesday will be a long day hoping for an email. I'm ready to have some beverages tooo:laugh:

Originally posted by tryingagain
T-Minus 7 days until the 15th when we everyone who is waiting can (hopefully) get some great news! First round of drinks is on me!!!!

Praying has helped tremendously to calm my nerves and trust God that he has the perfect plan for me.:)

I believe this whole process, whether or not we get the result we want, will make us all stronger.

Best wishes to you all...and I'll take you up on your offer of first round drinks TA.

I am very much hoping to get in at UIC by the 15th. The way the admission director put it for those of us interviewing on their first day of interviews was if we don't get a letter sometime around the 15th thru the end or October we should begin to worry. Meaning something went seriously wrong at our interview. I'm starting to play the interview over in my head day after day worried that I said something stupid. The 15th cannot come quick enough at this point.

there was a girl at my college who had taken a class and was relatively close to a member of the adcom at our state school. While he didn't vote on her app, he was there and saw the decision. Yet she had to wait two weeks for the letter to arrive, all while knowing that this prof knew her fate. Ouch!

So basically for all the places that have the 3-4 weeks surpassed and we haven't sent word..... that means it's a good chance they're going to give acceptances? Well, even so I don't think I want to get my hopes up! ::runs off to study biochemistry to keep her hopes way down...::

Jade~

Originally posted by seaworthc
you can get rejected or waitlisted before the 15th. just not accepted before.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that some schools (Umich, UChicago) call admitted students on the 15th..... so now some people can wait by their phones, their computers AND their mailboxes. Time to get a few drinks.

Originally posted by Jadeite
So basically for all the places that have the 3-4 weeks surpassed and we haven't sent word..... that means it's a good chance they're going to give acceptances? Well, even so I don't think I want to get my hopes up! ::runs off to study biochemistry to keep her hopes way down...::

Jade~

well, for sure if you interviewed at Tulane. not too sure about the other schools.

I'm confused!!!:confused: What's up with the 15th? Is that when they send out rejection letters?:( Or interview invitations:clap: ?

15th=first day regular decision can go out for those of us wh have interviewed already. rejections and interview offers can go out much earlier

When I was at Loyola, they told us that the adcomm would meet the next monday - which means my letter (yea or nay) has been sitting there for two weeks! ARGGGHHHH!:mad:

They said they would mail everything on the 15th... So w/ delivery time factored in, I'm thinking the 17th maybe... :scared:

Woots, I'm in the same boat. You're not helping my anxiety level any by reminding me that a decision might have already been made. :scared:

All the same, I'm pulling for ya! ;) :D

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
Woots, I'm in the same boat. You're not helping my anxiety level any by reminding me that a decision might have already been made. :scared:

All the same, I'm pulling for ya! ;) :D

And I'm pulling for you too, Sweet Tea! :cool:

And everyone else out there! :D

I have an interview at UMich Friday, when do you guys think the earliest I could hear from them could be? I'm sure they won't make a decision by the 15th, that seems a little rushed. But I would be so happy if I could find out within a couple weeks, when I began scheduling my other interviews, I do not want to spend the money to go to those.

one week.....i hope this makes my fall break better and not worse.

i always wonder if you have a higher chance of getting waitlisted now since they don't know what else is going to be coming in....i guess it's better than rejection, huh? :p

Damn... you beat me to it!! At least I have these mid-terms to distract me. :clap:

does anyone else feel horribly unprepared for rejection? maybe it means i won't have to deal with it!!!!;)

ahhhhhh! midterms and waiting are not a fun combo!

Originally posted by mws99
I have an interview at UMich Friday, when do you guys think the earliest I could hear from them could be? I'm sure they won't make a decision by the 15th, that seems a little rushed. But I would be so happy if I could find out within a couple weeks, when I began scheduling my other interviews, I do not want to spend the money to go to those.

When I was there Oct. 4th they said it should take ~ 4 weeks. But talking to some of the current students there, some said they were notified in less time (2-3 weeks). In any case, the committee there seems to be on top of things.

I actually have interviews on the 14th and 15th, so I'm hoping that will keep me busy and distracted from freaking out too bad. :( :) :confused:

Oh well, guess I should just keep hittin' the wine sale at Osco's till then!

I think I'll start drinking now to see if my liver can make it till then.

I was told by a couple of schools I interviewed at that I can call them on the 15th and they will tell me the results. That way I don't have to wait the painful 3-4 days until the mail arrives.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by chopsuey
i always wonder if you have a higher chance of getting waitlisted now since they don't know what else is going to be coming in....i guess it's better than rejection, huh? :p

Seems to me they interview what they consider the top of their applicant pool first, so you'd have a higher chance of being accepted?

You are correct. Most people who are interviewing now are in the top portion of the applicant pool. Or the ones that just interviewed are the early admits.

Originally posted by MGoBlue13
I heard that some schools (Umich, UChicago) call admitted students on the 15th.....

Reminder to myself and everyone else to make sure you have a clean/professional answering machine greeting.

Originally posted by gotgirth
Reminder to myself and everyone else to make sure you have a clean/professional answering machine greeting.

jot, make sure you remove the breathy female voice saying, "hi, welcome to jot's house of pleasure..." ;)