One year left before applying, what dental internships do I do based on what I have already done?

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
2+ Year Member
May 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello, everyone!

I am seeking advice on what dental internships I should seek this year to strengthen my application based on the interning I have done thus far. I plan on applying to dental schools in the spring. I am not entirely sure if I am interested in doing anything further than general dentistry, but I have always been interested in pediatric dentistry as well as perhaps orthodontics. Below is a list of the shadowing I have done in a health-related profession:

-40 hours with general dentist A
-30 hours with general dentist B
-12 hours with general dentist C
-40 hours with oral surgeon
-12 hours with orthodontist
---------------------------------------
-80 hours with 2 different veterinarians
-internship abroad shadowing medical doctors for one month (6 hours each day, 5 days each weak)

So, here is what I would like to discuss. I have a lot of time before I apply for dental school, and this is my fourth year in college. Should I find another general dentist to shadow for 40 more hours? Or can I broaden my horizon and shadow a pediatric dentist? Also, does anyone have anything to say about that state clinics that cater to the lower-income communities?

Thank you so much for your feedback! I want to hear everyone's advice before I start making calls about shadowing to dentists.