one year pre med for international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hetul7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello i am an international student currently studyn in india. i wish to join a medical school in US. i am plannin to join a one year course in an accredited US university for general bio chem physics organic chemistry and english,before applying to med school.Can anyone tell me which unversities offer such courses? and how many credit hours do most med schools need for an international student?

Members don't see this ad.

well the thing is i want to do a one year pre req course for one year in gen bio chem n physics...what do u guys think? after a physiotherapy degree shud i go for the usual pre requisites a med school need or wud a post bac be better? and also how many sem hours can i complete in a year ?
most med school websites i surfed quoted "All international applicants applying must study for at least one academic year at a college or university in the United States before you are eligible to apply to the Yale School of Medicine. During your year in the United States, the admissions committee requires that you study our pre-medical course requirements that are listed below:

One year of General Biology or Zoology with corresponding labs
One year of General Chemistry with corresponding labs
One year of Organic Chemistry with corresponding labs
One year of General Physics with corresponding labs "

so i am not sure if they want these specific courses to be completed in US or if it is ok if these courses are completed in a foreign university and i can complete some other post-bac course to qualify for a med school..