One Year Transition Programs into Medical Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Dhooy7, May 16, 2018.

1. Dhooy7

Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Medical
    What schools have a 3 yr programs with 1 yr tied in? Aren't there schools that once accepted into their MS you enter their MD program the next year? I thought LECOM had a program and found this on AAMCOMAS website. If you enroll in their 1-year program you aren't automatically accepted into their DO program right? I thought about having a backup plan in case I'm not accepted this year because I've already taken a gap year and would prefer to not have another. However, if it's likely to not help me or allow me to transition into their DO program I don't think I'm interested due to the expenses of the program.

Post Baccalaureate Premedical Programs

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pilsburydocboy

Medical Student (Accepted)
    So I'm not completely up to date on this, but my understanding is most of the guaranteed transition programs have faded out (in the DO arena).

With excception of West Virginia, they just opened one. Now of course you have to maintain a certain gpa, but thats easily searchable. Mcat is low like 496.

Now WVC0M, may be the only guarantee but there remaims alot of associated programs, and you'll have ro talk to individual schools admissions teams on how high the favoribility is for their MS students.

Good luck!

4. giguerex35

Pre-Medical
    Wvsom and vcom both have guaranteed acceptance if you meet certain criteria