online CBT test practice available? (and who likes kaplan?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im trying to decide whether or not i want to take the Kaplan course. Basically, the only thing that makes we WANT to take it is the practice exams that they will give us. Although i feel i can study the material on my own, i know that i can't match the practice exams that Kaplan would give me.....

I was wondering.... if i was to study on my own, are there any computer based exams i could download and do at home at my computer?

And those of you who have taken Kaplan..... was it honestly worth it?? Would you take it again?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

You can pay for the CBT's on your own through the AAMC, but they're 35 a pop, so if you bought all of them you'd basically pay for a good portion of a Kaplan course.

IMHO, the review materials Kaplan provides with the class are stellar. I've found the online subject tests, practice tests, and the review materials like the flashcards and review books to be extremely helpful. With all that stuff, and the access to all the AAMC tests, it's definitely worth it. But if I were to do it over again, I'd probably just do the online class rather than take the actual class. The lecture is usually taught by a newbie just-graduated twenty-something who is looking to make some $ during the glide year. They re-learn the material the night before teaching it and it shows. Also, the strategies that Kaplan teaches for taking the test, like "mapping" and whatever, I've found to be practically useless.

Thanks Lawn, that helps a lot.

The thing is, i have some older Kaplan books (2004) and the complete EK package.... so i have most of the material......

The only thing that makes we want to take it is:

1) The hints that i hear they give (can you tell me more about them?? are these hints useful? what kind of things do they tell you)

2) The practice exams...

Thanks Lawn, that helps a lot.

The thing is, i have some older Kaplan books (2004) and the complete EK package.... so i have most of the material......

The only thing that makes we want to take it is:

1) The hints that i hear they give (can you tell me more about them?? are these hints useful? what kind of things do they tell you)

2) The practice exams...

:laugh: Hints? You make it sound like they have super super secrets they share with you. It is just basic testing ideas...every company has them. Anyway, the CBT practice tests are VERY helpful. They have a lot of other materials online in the CBT format that are helpful as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Im trying to decide whether or not i want to take the Kaplan course. Basically, the only thing that makes we WANT to take it is the practice exams that they will give us. Although i feel i can study the material on my own, i know that i can't match the practice exams that Kaplan would give me.....

I was wondering.... if i was to study on my own, are there any computer based exams i could download and do at home at my computer?

And those of you who have taken Kaplan..... was it honestly worth it?? Would you take it again?

THANKS!

order their online course if you want cause you get 10 aamc tests, their full lengths are tougher than the aamc, but they have unrealisitically easy curves. Don't take the classes, worthhhhhless, strong waste of money.

listen. get the exam cracker books if you have background content issues, or want to knwo whats on and off

Get the AAMC tests for diagnostic purposes

and buy oen or two credible non aamc practice tests to get you going.

U review the books, take the two non aamcs, gives you a rough idea where you stand

And then start with the AAMCs This is provided you have a solid background knowledge and now just need to fine tune your skills based on question format.