Online classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ag1625

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys so I want to hear some opinions. Most schools before Covid-19 were anti-online class. Many medical schools stated that they wouldn’t accept online classes for pre-reqs or anything. Now everyone has moved to online so how does this effect the future with what schools will and won’t accept?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys so I want to hear some opinions. Most schools before Covid-19 were anti-online class. Many medical schools stated that they wouldn’t accept online classes for pre-reqs or anything. Now everyone has moved to online so how does this effect the future with what schools will and won’t accept?

Hi, im in the same boat as you. From what I understand they technically wouldnt even know because it wont state it on our transcripts. Also, even if they did somehow know, I think they would understand. Please somone correct me if Im wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

The schools know a pandemic is going on, I assume this is a special circumstance, and it will NOT be held against you this semester.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The schools know a pandemic is going on, I assume this is a special circumstance, and it will NOT be held against you this semester.

Right I agree and get that but I’m speaking on taking online courses pre-pandemic

Hi, im in the same boat as you. From what I understand they technically wouldnt even know because it wont state it on our transcripts. Also, even if they did somehow know, I think they would understand. Please somone correct me if Im wrong though.

I’m coming from a point of I took some online classes when I was a student athlete because we were d1 and travelled constantly...

I’m coming from a point of I took some online classes when I was a student athlete because we were d1 and travelled constantly...

Oh Im sorry I misunderstood. I think each school has their own policy on this and I think precorona courses might remain the same but it might be best to call the schools to see what they are thinking

Oh Im sorry I misunderstood. I think each school has their own policy on this and I think precorona courses might remain the same but it might be best to call the schools to see what they are thinking

Yeah you’re probably right... I was hoping maybe something good would come about

Yeah you’re probably right... I was hoping maybe something good would come about

I hear you. Hopefully they might have a change of heart :)

It's an emergency situation, so I don't predict a massive embracing of online classwork in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
It's an emergency situation, so I don't predict a massive embracing of online classwork in the future.
... or, in the past, which is really what OP is asking about.

It might not state it, but people who do this year in and out know better. They may not be able differentiate between a campus or online course at your school but if the see courses from say UNE or another school with prehealth specific sciences courses....they will know or they will make the assumption.

Also, unsure if this app is like the one for PAs but theirs asks you to indicate if a course is an online course. This is where your integrity is tested...

From the perspective of Title IV and other Department of Education rules/regulations, my opinion is that publicly funded medical schools (as well as other health professional schools) will probably be forced to accept online classes as roughly equivalent to on-ground classes in the future.

Will people please quote me on this for the next hundred times when this question comes up. Schools do not simply use a transcript to verify course requirements have been met and they do so after acceptance but prior to matriculation.

1) Schools only see the courses you enter on AMCAS when they are considering your application for admission. AMCAS does not verify online or do they do anything to check for prerequisites which is a school specific function.

2) Official transcripts are required be sent directly to the school when you are accepted but are not the only way that courses are checked during post-admission/pre-matriculation phase.

3) During a school's "due diligence" of an acceptee they will frequently use the National Student Clearing House (NSCH), which has agreement with AAMC/AMCAS a few years ago. This organization has the largest and most update database on official college course catalogs and other registration material now dating back about 25 years, a large fraction of which note course section number that may indicate if a class was online or not

4) Additionally, schools may contact UG registrar for it's pre-matriculants to check on courses including if any sections were online or not.
Thanks for the clarification!