Online Course Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkDorian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had a question regarding taking a credit online. I took a physics course and unfortunately, I the grade I received was a C-. I realized that I should retake this course because after researching, I learned that many schools won't accept a grade less than a C for a pre req. This brings me to my question. Since I won't have room to retake physics this upcoming school year or during the following summer, I was planning on taking it online. I just wanted to know what the easiest online physics course is and would it be possible to complete the course within the time span of Christmas break (approximately 3 weeks).

Thanks for the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Before taking an online course for a prerequisite, research your medical schools of interest to make sure they will accept the course. At many sites, you will see language as follows:

"It is NOT recommended that any of the required prerequisite courses be taken through an online course." (University of New Mexico School of Medicine)

"Online courses cannot be used to meet any of the pre-medical requirements." (Temple University School of Medicine)

Some schools will accept online courses if you are able to make a compelling case for it. You will often have to receive permission from an admissions official. You may also have to show that the course is rigorous.

Hope that helps.

Before taking an online course for a prerequisite, research your medical schools of interest to make sure they will accept the course. At many sites, you will see language as follows:

"It is NOT recommended that any of the required prerequisite courses be taken through an online course." (University of New Mexico School of Medicine)

"Online courses cannot be used to meet any of the pre-medical requirements." (Temple University School of Medicine)

Some schools will accept online courses if you are able to make a compelling case for it. You will often have to receive permission from an admissions official. You may also have to show that the course is rigorous.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that out