Online Courses due to COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polyploidy516

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As I am applying this year after several years off ( working + family tragedy led to a delayed app), I am currently taking classes online at a local 4 year on the East Coast. As one course that I am interested in is taught online at a school on the west coast ( an Extension school with a top 20 undergrad), I want to know if it is okay for me to register for classes at both institutions with one on the East Coast and the other on the West coast? Will this look weird? I want to maximize my education before starting medical school and take advantage of the fact that medical schools will be accepting online classes for the Fall 2020 due to COVID.

Is this okay? Or would it be better to just take classes at one school even if everything is online?

@Goro @gonnif

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

As I am applying this year after several years off ( working + family tragedy led to a delayed app), I am currently taking classes online at a local 4 year on the East Coast. As one course that I am interested in is taught online at a school on the west coast ( an Extension school with a top 20 undergrad), I want to know if it is okay for me to register for classes at both institutions with one on the East Coast and the other on the West coast? Will this look weird? I want to maximize my education before starting medical school and take advantage of the fact that medical schools will be accepting online classes for the Fall 2020 due to COVID.

Is this okay? Or would it be better to just take classes at one school even if everything is online?

@Goro @gonnif
If you are not enrolled in any degree programs (i.e., a degree program might not want you to be simultaneously enrolled elsewhere) and are not breaking any rules, there is no reason not to do whatever you want. Online is online; what's the difference to a med school how many different schools you are taking classes at?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response. I thought the same. I am a non-degree postbac student. I just want to take these courses because they sound interesting ( Developmental Biology) and every class in my area is conducting online classes.

Reactions: 1 user