Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Online English Course

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by unique135, Dec 23, 2008.

1. unique135

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

I am a Canadian and planning to apply in US med schools. To fulfill my english requirement, I am thinking to take two online english courses from US Community College in Texas. In the end, it would clearly show up that I have taken online course in the transcript.

Other threads, don't mind taking online english courses but I was also wondering if it would be same for me as a Canadian.

Thank you

2. pharm B

pharm B Phar Noir
    Staff Member Administrator Rocket Scientist Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Why would it show up as being an online course?

Granted, I can't speak as an accepted medical student, but I don't think an adcom is going to look at a set of distance-learning English courses and decide to reject you.
    I took one of my English courses online (though it's not reflected on the transcript).

3. unique135

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Thats true... but being Canadian doing english course in US that too online...I was wondering that it would hurt my chances...so just wanted to make sure.