Online lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does your school post their lectures on a public website so that other people could access them?

If so could you please post the link?

I know South Carolina does this for immunology and it's very useful if you want to just watch a lecture on something specific.

Members don't see this ad.

Try doing and advanced google search on the topic you want. Limit the search domains to .edu, and limit the search to powerpoint or pdf files, since this is how most schools format their lectures. This usually works for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Online lectures are truly amazing and unfortunately I don't have access to them here. They would be very useful for people like me who learn best through listening/watching and not via books.

If anyone is willing to help me out I would totally make it worth their while. Just send me a PM.

We have them, but they are all password protected.

They record all lectures and even the post labs. You can even watch the videos from previous years if you want to get ahead in class. Not to get you down, but it is such a necessity for me.

UT Houston

It would be rather helpful if people would stick to just sites that the public can access... I'm sure many schools do post their lectures online but they might as well not do so from my point of view if I can't get access to them.

I'm willing to pay $ if someone is willing to help me out and get some video lectures for me or to provide a way for me to access them. Just drop me a PM since I need all the help I can get.

Hi there,
Most schools that do provide on-line lectures are going to have them password and IP restricted for their students. Most medical schools do not want their curriculum materials on-line for public consumption. While some undergraduate institutions do not care about public access, most medical schools do not share this view. Most medical students have paid thousands of dollars for this material and it is generally not going to be available for the public.

njbmd :)

fedor said:
I'm willing to pay $ if someone is willing to help me out and get some video lectures for me or to provide a way for me to access them. Just drop me a PM since I need all the help I can get.

I know Kaplan offers video lectures in some of their Step 1 review packages for all of the basic sciences. They're review lectures though, so they don't explain anything, and merely give you the overview. Also, since it's Kaplan, they're are $$$$.

There are ways to get these lectures through "non-official channels" tho. just do a search for "step 1 video lectures" here in sdn or on google if you're interested in smtg like that.

njbmd said:
Hi there,
Most schools that do provide on-line lectures are going to have them password and IP restricted for their students. Most medical schools do not want their curriculum materials on-line for public consumption. While some undergraduate institutions do not care about public access, most medical schools do not share this view. Most medical students have paid thousands of dollars for this material and it is generally not going to be available for the public.

njbmd :)
Yeah.. that's the problem I've been running into ... Which is why I was wondering if there were any other schools that did post their lectures for the public.

ToxicFugu said:
superb! :thumbup:

I will use this. I hope they don't stick a PW on it.
Me too. I love the different formats to pick from too.