Online MCAT quiz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B-Flatblues

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people
Thought maybe some of you would appreciate this. Its a brief online MCAT quiz from Princeton Review.
<a href="http://www.review.com" target="_blank">www.review.com</a>
Just go to their free MCAT quiz. For those of you who haven't taken the MCAT or any practice tests yet, this will give you a general idea of what you can expect. Personally, I found the test to be more difficult than the actual MCAT. I got 9's in both of the sciences in the online practice, and actually did better on an older MCAT test. Anyone else actually find this test harder than the actual MCAT?
Russ

Members don't see this ad.

MUCH Harder!!! Never, never, never assume a commercial test corporation's testing material is reflective of the difficulty of the actual thing!!! Trust ONLY AAMC publications and then ONLY III, IV, and V.

Phew. I kind of assumed that, but its nice to hear it from somebody else. That makes me feel better. Thanks.
Russ

Members don't see this ad :)
Entirely too freaking hard. I got a 12 on Bio in August. I was headed toward a about an 8 on this test.

I dunno. I nailed on the MCAT exactly what I'd been averaging on the princton review practice tests and the AAMC tests.. personally I think only AAMC tests IV, and V are reflective of the real thing. They ALL help in practice tho'. I know many people don't think it's worth taking an MCAT class. I think it is worth the money. But I also studied ALOT outside of class, and took about 9 or 10 practice MCATS. (Which helped as much or more then anything else) -my $.02 -Oneiro

oneironaut
It was the online mini practice test to which I was referring. I was not sure if you meant that test, or your own MCAT study materials. If you find some spare time to goof off and you haven't taken it, give the online test a try. I did well, with a pair of 9's on both of the sciences, but, I felt that I knew much more on the actual old MCAT tests then I had on the online review. Probably because they are trying to scare fools like me into buying their crap. Consider me fooled. :)
Russ

I took Kaplan course. I was averaging 8 in all sections.I got even lower score in real mcat. I found my real verbal reasoning much more difficult than the most difficult verbal reasoning from kaplan.difficulty level in biological sections was comparable. Only physics was some what easier than kaplan. I know other people who scored lower than what they scored at kaplan and princeton. I have learned from my experience that your real mcat score is very similar to your kaplan score. It does not neccessarily have to be higher than what you got at these courses. It could definitely be lower, in some cases even close to your dignostic scores. So people when you take these courses , dont assume that you are going to score higher in real mcat.I did that and now I have to go through the hell again. Imagine that!