USMLE Online meded videos vs kaplan videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supernova8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i recently took my step1 and now planning to start CK, i've just started off with online meded.org videos. They seem to be pretty nice. I want to ask, has anyone tried them? Are they better than kaplan? Im thinking of watching them in my free time and then start MTB2. Should i skip kaplan altogether? Any suggestions please

Members don't see this ad.

I liked OME>Kaplan. I just didn't like the voice of the lecturer for Kaplan though. There are a couple areas with weaker content like surgery and peds, but otherwise its great. I just filled in any OME blanks with Kaplan. I'm an average student but had a greater than average bump from step 1 to CK if that helps.

I liked OME>Kaplan. I just didn't like the voice of the lecturer for Kaplan though. There are a couple areas with weaker content like surgery and peds, but otherwise its great. I just filled in any OME blanks with Kaplan. I'm an average student but had a greater than average bump from step 1 to CK if that helps.

Thankyou for replying. Yeah currently im going through the IM content of OME. Seems good with all the flow charts and stuff he makes. So you're suggesting that one should watch kaplan videos for surgery and peds?

I still used the OME videos for surgery and pediatrics but supplemented the missing topics with Kaplan.

Reactions: 1 user