• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Online or In-Person Interviews?

sasukeuchiha33

2+ Year Member
May 28, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Love the username- Pokémon rules. About half the schools (10/20) I'm applying to have said explicitly either on their website or MSAR that they're doing online interviews, but the other half haven't said anything. I would hope that all interviews for this cycle are virtual- to have in-person interviews would IMHO be very irresponsible with a second wave of COVID on the rise.

Med16484

May 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Love the username- Pokémon rules. About half the schools (10/20) I'm applying to have said explicitly either on their website or MSAR that they're doing online interviews, but the other half haven't said anything. I would hope that all interviews for this cycle are virtual- to have in-person interviews would IMHO be very irresponsible with a second wave of COVID on the rise.
Good to see a fellow Pokemon fan. I hope for this as well. I did read someone say on Reddit that they heard Florida schools want to keep in-person interviews (I'm instate so I'm paying attention to this). I don't know where he heard that though

About the Ads

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
  1. Medical Student
I think most are. AAMC is recommending that schools consider it for student and faculty safety. Florida's always been an odd-ball (sorry) but I would hope that academic minds prevail over some of the state's more questionable legislative officials. My mom works at UF and they're most likely going to have their PharmD interviews online so I would assume MD might follow suit.

Reactions: 1 user
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
Does anyone have word on what most medical schools will do? Seems like most are shifting toward online for the entire cycle but will there still be some doing in-person?
The Gestalt I'm seeing is that interviews will be online.

But it really doesn't matter does it? The school will do what it wants to do and you as an interview we have to decide if you want to go or not.

Reactions: 2 users

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
The Gestalt I'm seeing is that interviews will be online.

But it really doesn't matter does it? The school will do what it wants to do and you as an interview we have to decide if you want to go or not.
Yup, but one is a much easier (and less expensive) decision than the other!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.