Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Online PA school?

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Temple1st, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Temple1st

Temple1st Member
    7+ Year Member

One of my friends in NC is going to start a Online PA program next year. East Carolina University (www.ecu.edu under distant learning) I checked it myself it's legit. Are there other online programs? I know some med schools are experimenting with online anatomy and histology; but a whole PA program online? Things are changing. I've even heard of an online law school in CA but they are only licensed in CA and federal courts. I'm just curious if anyone will physically be on campus in 20 years?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I looked at the site. that's a little scary. you actually have to do 10% of your didactics and 100% of your clinical time in person so it's not entirely distance based but I still don't think it's a good idea. there are several post grad specialty pa programs that are distance learning but this is the 1st entry level program I have heard of. there are several distance learning np programs that do not require any time on campus

4. ItNeverEnds

ItNeverEnds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. MrBob

MrBob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There is an ongoing discussion about this very program on the PA forum at Physicianassociate.com under the professional forums in the thread entitled "This is what I'm talking about, Ughhh".

The topic is exactly this program and the students as well as one of the directors addresses questions and concerns from forum members and participants. I would invite anyone interested to cruise over and read the 5 page topic presented there.

I am not trying to lure anyone from this forum to that one, just thought it might be able to address any concerns anyone might have and answer any questions......It is a very informative and enlightening conversation.

MrBob

6. TexasRose

TexasRose Gotta run
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Very interesting discussion. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Theresa