Online Version of EK 101 Verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbeast

That's cool I guess
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying using the Kaplan full lengths but the pretty common consensus is their verbal sections are garbage and to instead use EK 101. On the other hand, any test that isn't computer based isn't realistic either. Is there a computer version of EK 101? If not, how worthless are the Kaplan verbal sections? Word.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been studying using the Kaplan full lengths but the pretty common consensus is their verbal sections are garbage and to instead use EK 101. On the other hand, any test that isn't computer based isn't realistic either. Is there a computer version of EK 101? If not, how worthless are the Kaplan verbal sections? Word.

No there is not a computer version of EK 101. Kaplan is completely worthless.

No there is not a computer version of EK 101. Kaplan is completely worthless.

What makes Kaplan such crap? I figure since I have to go through them during the practice full lengths I might as well use them... Any suggestions on what to look out for?

On the other hand, any test that isn't computer based isn't realistic either.

The process of circling a letter with a pencil instead of clicking a button with a mouse really isn't that different. It's plenty realistic.

BTW, I'm of the opinion that all of Kaplan's FL sections are useless. You can use it for content review but don't use it for MCAT practice - the questions are not the same as the real MCAT.

What makes Kaplan such crap? I figure since I have to go through them during the practice full lengths I might as well use them... Any suggestions on what to look out for?

Why is Kaplan's verbal bad?

Kaplan is bad in verbal because it doesn't stress the same things as the actual MCAT. For the MCAT, the main idea and author's point of view/opinion are the keys to success. Conversely, Kaplan focuses more on the detail oriented questions which are easy to teach; the kind of questions which make you go back over the passage to find the minute detail being tested. On the MCAT, going back to the passages will kill your timing. Furthermore, you rarely receive such questions and when you do get them, they can typically be answered with the main idea or author's opinion.