Online volunteering- how does this go into your app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovebug123

Reaction score
I am going into my second year of my post bacc program and I had planned on finding community service opportunities this year, as I have not completed the requirements for medical school yet. However, bc of the pandemic, I am limited to online volunteer options. I found 7 cups, which I plan on doing, and I also found another organization called warm up America, where you knit or Crochet squares that can be sewn into blankets for people in need. Will these count as volunteer hours in my application? How will I incorporate this into my application if there is no point person or way of keeping track of my hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Will these count as volunteer hours in my application? How will I incorporate this into my application if there is no point person or way of keeping track of my hours?
Yes and listing extracurricular activities is based on the honor system.

I am going into my second year of my post bacc program and I had planned on finding community service opportunities this year, as I have not completed the requirements for medical school yet. However, bc of the pandemic, I am limited to online volunteer options. I found 7 cups, which I plan on doing, and I also found another organization called warm up America, where you knit or Crochet squares that can be sewn into blankets for people in need. Will these count as volunteer hours in my application? How will I incorporate this into my application if there is no point person or way of keeping track of my hours?

Create your own spreadsheet to keep track of hours and anything noteworthy you accomplish.

I also found another organization called warm up America, where you knit or Crochet squares that can be sewn into blankets for people in need. Will these count as volunteer hours in my application? How will I incorporate this into my application if there is no point person or way of keeping track of my hours?
If you list it under the Hobbies designation, a Contact is not required to validate it, as would be needed for a Volunteer activity.