online vs hybrid classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dynami13

Reaction score
There is a possibility that my university will be having hybrid classes, especially for labs. At this point, I don't feel safe going back to campus and I am planning to take all of my classes online for the entire school year. I'm also reluctant to pay rent only to take a few classes.

Would med schools look down upon the fact that in-person classes were offered, but I chose to take them online?

I don't think the classes would be noted as online on my transcript, but I'm think this could come up in interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How would medical schools know what the format of your classes are???

As of right now, nearly all medical schools are online. Therefore why would they have a bias against you for taking online courses?

Reactions: 1 user
How would medical schools know what the format of your classes are???

As of right now, nearly all medical schools are online. Therefore why would they have a bias against you for taking online courses?
@gonnif has always advised that the clearinghouse that AMCAS bumps transcripts against course catalog codes that denote whether or not a class is online. Not sure whether or how it distinguishes in the present COVID world, but, as an example, my school has gone to a hybrid model, with some classes live and others online, so I'm sure the clearinghouse would know which is which. Whether any med school would care in this environment is anyone's guess, but at least some schools have advised that they expect live classes for prereqs if they are available.

Last edited: