Only 2 interview invites so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ameer24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I really messed up my freshman year as a bio major (2.1 GPA) but have since picked it up but unfortunately the damage still lingers and graduated with a 3.05 GPA. I got a 22AA on my DAT. Anyways I applied to about 13 schools in July but only have 2 interview invites so far. Is it realistic to expect any other invites until the cycle closes or do you thing this late in the cycle this is probably it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't count out anymore invites yet. It's still too early in the cycle. Some people don't hear back from other schools until October to late November. It's a long and enduring process. Most of the invites will be for post December most likely. I also only have 2 interviews and applied in early July with a 3.95 GPA and 23AA on the DAT so we're in the same boat. Try to stay optimistic :)

Reactions: 2 users
It only takes one interview and one acceptance.That being said I wouldn't worry until December. Good luck my dude.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't count out anymore invites yet. It's still too early in the cycle. Some people don't hear back from other schools until October to late November. It's a long and enduring process. Most of the invites will be for post December most likely. I also only have 2 interviews and applied in early July with a 3.95 GPA and 23AA on the DAT so we're in the same boat. Try to stay optimistic :)
We're definitely not in the same boat lol. Your stats are awesome! Thanks for the advice tho staying patient is gonna be tough these upcoming months.

Do you mind if I ask which schools you've got interviews at so far? I have similar stats and haven't heard back from anywhere yet