Only 3 unfillled spots in RadOnc...how about other competitive fields?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StanleyCup7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talk about a competitive year to match! In RadOnc, there were only 3 unfilled spots (Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville) as the other 4 spots (2 at UNC, 1 from UTMB, 1 from Tufts) were not even available through the match as evidenced by the fact that they did not accept applications this year. Praise be to God that I matched! :)

Any other ridiculously competitive matches? Derm? Plastics?

Members don't see this ad.

Gen Surg had 2 available spots out of over 1000 slots... thats better stats than pretty much any of the other specialties out there... still not more competitive than Rad Onc, Plastics (which I guess since it had 0 slots out of 200+ spots it could be considered the toughest) yeah... tough match this year

Gen Surg had 2 available spots out of over 1000 slots... thats better stats than pretty much any of the other specialties out there... still not more competitive than Rad Onc, Plastics (which I guess since it had 0 slots out of 200+ spots it could be considered the toughest) yeah... tough match this year

Neuro had 0 unfilled positions for 228 of its categorical positions.