only 6 weeks left - ahhh!!! please advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosaic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
do i still have time to study for the august mcat? i'm really bad at procrastinating, and i know that i should have started weeks ago especially since i took the april test and did badly. i thought i was ready for the april mcat, my practice test scores were 9, 10, 11s, so i went ahead and took it but i had a lot of trouble with timing and confidence... anyway, i don't have anything else to do for the summer so do i have enough time? i'll study many many hours a day if that will help. i'm worried! has anyone else beat this beast in 6 weeks? thanks so much, i need to hear other peoples' experiences even though i know i know everyone is different :)

Members don't see this ad.

6 weeks MIGHT be OK only because you've already taken the MCAT, and hopefully you remember alot of things. Studying will help you brush up.

If you've forgotten it all then you should not take it right now.

You can do it just fine. I would just take practice test after practice test. If you think the problem is timing and confidence, then practice is the only way. I would set aside the next 1 to 2 weekends and take a full run...get up at the same time, sit there for a few hours, etc. Learn to pace yourself on your questions, and relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mosaic
hi everyone
do i still have time to study for the august mcat? i'm really bad at procrastinating, and i know that i should have started weeks ago especially since i took the april test and did badly. i thought i was ready for the april mcat, my practice test scores were 9, 10, 11s, so i went ahead and took it but i had a lot of trouble with timing and confidence... anyway, i don't have anything else to do for the summer so do i have enough time? i'll study many many hours a day if that will help. i'm worried! has anyone else beat this beast in 6 weeks? thanks so much, i need to hear other peoples' experiences even though i know i know everyone is different :)

I studied for 2 weeks for my MCAT. I did a combo of material review and practice questions. Unfortunately, I was doing this for about 8 hours everyday. It was hellish during those 2 weeks.

Relax and breathe deep.

I didn't study one iota and I got a 36R. It is more important to be relaxed than anything else. I know a lot of people that test poorly when they are stressed. Be confident and loose. Believe that most people taking the test don't know any more than you do and many know far less. You will OWN this test if you BELIEVE you will.