1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

only 6 weeks left - ahhh!!! please advise

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mosaic, Jul 3, 2002.

1. mosaic

mosaic Member
    10+ Year Member

hi everyone
    do i still have time to study for the august mcat? i'm really bad at procrastinating, and i know that i should have started weeks ago especially since i took the april test and did badly. i thought i was ready for the april mcat, my practice test scores were 9, 10, 11s, so i went ahead and took it but i had a lot of trouble with timing and confidence... anyway, i don't have anything else to do for the summer so do i have enough time? i'll study many many hours a day if that will help. i'm worried! has anyone else beat this beast in 6 weeks? thanks so much, i need to hear other peoples' experiences even though i know i know everyone is different :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    6 weeks MIGHT be OK only because you've already taken the MCAT, and hopefully you remember alot of things. Studying will help you brush up.

If you've forgotten it all then you should not take it right now.

4. wfu2005

wfu2005 Member
    7+ Year Member

You can do it just fine. I would just take practice test after practice test. If you think the problem is timing and confidence, then practice is the only way. I would set aside the next 1 to 2 weekends and take a full run...get up at the same time, sit there for a few hours, etc. Learn to pace yourself on your questions, and relax.

5. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I studied for 2 weeks for my MCAT. I did a combo of material review and practice questions. Unfortunately, I was doing this for about 8 hours everyday. It was hellish during those 2 weeks.

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

Relax and breathe deep.

I didn't study one iota and I got a 36R. It is more important to be relaxed than anything else. I know a lot of people that test poorly when they are stressed. Be confident and loose. Believe that most people taking the test don't know any more than you do and many know far less. You will OWN this test if you BELIEVE you will.