ONLY COMLEX II- Suggestions Plz- Results and Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JasPat85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have all the books and banks, now need advice. I really need to do VERY WELL on this COMLEX II. Planning to take it in Aug first week.

Books-

Step up to Step 2
Step up to Medicine
USMLE Secrets
MTB Medicine
MTB Step 2
MTB Step 3 ( OB and Peds)

DIT STEP 2

Qbank:
UWorld
Kaplan Q bank
COMQUEST (will buy next month)
COMBANK (will buy next month)

So if you guys could give or suggest some combinations to study ONLY FOR COMLEX? I know ob/gyn, peds and all are heavily tested. So please any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys. I have 3 month to go. I plan on doing DIT this month.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just take a Comsae....the comlex is so full of obscure garbage that it's impossible to study for. I took it last month...if you pass the Comsae you will prolly pass the test. I only reviewed some of the omm...which is 1/3 of the test

I did all of UWorld during 3rd year and then 2 months before the test switched to combank and comquest and did the whole thing. Do your questions in sections of 50 so that you simulate test taking conditions. Doing as many questions as you can will help you alot. I also used step up to step 2 for review and added teaching points from the questions to the book. Using DIT could help, but I would use it closer to the test so that you finish it closer to 2 weeks out from your test date so that it is fresh in your mind. Also take several COMSAE to simulate the test style.

Hey guys, I have all the books and banks, now need advice. I really need to do VERY WELL on this COMLEX II. Planning to take it in Aug first week.

Books-

Step up to Step 2
Step up to Medicine
USMLE Secrets
MTB Medicine
MTB Step 2
MTB Step 3 ( OB and Peds)

DIT STEP 2

Qbank:
UWorld
Kaplan Q bank
COMQUEST (will buy next month)
COMBANK (will buy next month)

So if you guys could give or suggest some combinations to study ONLY FOR COMLEX? I know ob/gyn, peds and all are heavily tested. So please any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys. I have 3 month to go. I plan on doing DIT this month.

Thanks

Agreed with everything mentioned. While studying is important, there are always questions that you will never find in a review book anywhere. Those are the ones you just have to use your brain and guess on. Everyone else is reading the same question and most likely it will test poorly and be thrown out. Fact.

What I did: Watched DIT twice. Did all of the COMBANK questions in sets of 50. Don't just do the questions, read the explanations. KNOW the alternative answers and why they are wrong and what would have made them right. Keep a notebook. Obviously you will need step up to step 2. Otherwise, thats it. Did it all 2 months before my test and did great.

1: DIT
2: COMBANK
3: Step up 2 Step 2 (Know it like the back of your hand)