1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Only Kaplan Resources or Beyond?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by j9260, Sep 5, 2014.

?

Are you using only Kaplan resources (including AAMC)?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No (includes using TBR, TPR, GS, etc.)

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. j9260

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys! I'm an Advantage Live Online student. My class has ended and I have two months left (counting!) until test day.

Question: Are you primarily just using Kaplan resources (including AAMC) or are you going beyond and using other company's materials to supplement your studies?

If you could also explain your decision, that would be very helpful!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. austinblnd

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I had TBR science books, EK bio, TPRH verbal, and EK 101 verbal in addition to the Kaplan materials. This was mostly due to the fact that I planned on doing the SN2ed self-study schedule before enrolling in a Kaplan class. I thought TBR physics and orgo were helpful for me, but TBR bio was worthless because of too much detail. I would highly recommend investing in TPRH verbal for additional practice passages if you are weak in verbal.

During the post-content review phase of my studying, I strictly stuck to using mcat-review.org, and I only used Kaplan review books if I needed more detail than mcat-review.org gave.

j9260 likes this.