I'm in a very similar situation. My husband has such a good job that if we were to relocate, I don't think we could afford for me to go to med school at all. He is extremely supportive of me wanting to be a doctor but we have had to make some compromises in order for me to be able to do this. I agreed to only apply to the local school, which for me is TUCOM, and if I didn't get in, then I agreed to wait at least one or two more years before applying to any other school to give my husband enough time to find a comparable job.
I think that many of us, especially those with kids, have to make really tough decisions about medical school. I really wanted to attend TUCOM and go to an osteopathic school but had to agree to apply to MD schools nearby if I couldn't go to Touro. I was really lucky and got into TUCOM and so many of my problems were solved with my acceptance there.
Yes. I am in the same situation. I am a also woman with a husband and three children.
However, you will be undergoing a medical education only one ( if you get in, that is ) and can have a great bearing on your future. Hence, I am tempted to go out of state if I get into a prestigious medical school that is far off on the other end of the coast.
Make sure your motivation doesn't fail, because I'm driven crazy by what I'm trying to do and I can't live with myself if I don't get in somewhere good, which is a good thing because that's why I'm at where I am now. Don't worry about what your parents or your family thinks. You live once, so go do it.