Only one interview, how to address

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guacalot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to have one II coming up in the next few weeks. I recognize that this may very well be my only interview so I am trying to prepare as much as possible. As this is later in the cycle, many applicants have already received other IIs and acceptances. With the absence of the multiple acceptance report, I would expect the possibility of an interview question regarding other interviews or acceptances. What would be the best way to address this question? I was complete mid sept, so I think an additional II could be possible as I have not heard from any of my state schools (fl).

Members don't see this ad.

I am very fortunate to have one II coming up in the next few weeks. I recognize that this may very well be my only interview so I am trying to prepare as much as possible. As this is later in the cycle, many applicants have already received other IIs and acceptances. With the absence of the multiple acceptance report, I would expect the possibility of an interview question regarding other interviews or acceptances. What would be the best way to address this question? I was complete mid sept, so I think an additional II could be possible as I have not heard from any of my state schools (fl).
Be honest and tell them you only have 1 so far?

(Good luck at the interview)

Reactions: 1 user
This isn't Einsteinian physics, you simply tell the truth.

It's not a reflection on your character that you have only one II.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! I'll try to not overthink everything... better said than done!

Reactions: 1 users
Most of my schools asked me so they may ask you, just be ready to answer

I was in this position about a month ago. My interviewer asked me if I had done any other interviews. I paused because I wasn't sure how the truth would sound but ended up saying something like "Nope, this is my first one so far!" and smiled. Got my acceptance email 2 weeks later.

Just be honest, own it, and don't don't be self conscious about it or wonder how they're going to interpret that information. It's not a negative, and if anything it could be a positive because they may believe there is less chance that you'd pass up an acceptance at their school.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users