Only releasing USMLE Scores to ACGME Residencies as an OMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sport88877

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a 4th year osteopathic medical student who will be applying to PM&R and Pre-lim medicine programs this year. I was wondering if I HAVE TO release my COMLEX scores to these ACGME residencies. I have around a 250 on both USMLE 1 and 2, and Mid to upper 500's on COMLEX 1 and 2 with a Pass on the PE. As you can see, my COMLEX scores aren't horrible, but my USMLE scores by themselves might look better. I always thought I would have to release both sets of scores to even ACGME residencies, but I heard someone say I can just release my USMLE scores. Does anyone know for a fact?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dude many MD programs don't even know what a 500ish comlex means and I doubt they will even hunt to find out when they see your USMLE scores. I had programs asking me if 700 something was good, they don't give a crap about COMLEX. Just send the bloody scores, IMO if I were a PD and knew you were a DO that didn't send your comlex score Id assume you totally sucked or failed. 50oish is nothing to try and hide.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,
I'm a 4th year osteopathic medical student who will be applying to PM&R and Pre-lim medicine programs this year. I was wondering if I HAVE TO release my COMLEX scores to these ACGME residencies. I have around a 250 on both USMLE 1 and 2, and Mid to upper 500's on COMLEX 1 and 2 with a Pass on the PE. As you can see, my COMLEX scores aren't horrible, but my USMLE scores by themselves might look better. I always thought I would have to release both sets of scores to even ACGME residencies, but I heard someone say I can just release my USMLE scores. Does anyone know for a fact?

Thanks

From what I remember from just going through ERAS a few months ago, I think you have to send COMLEX to all programs, AOA and ACGME.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll go ahead and release both

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll go ahead and release both
You have to release both. ACGME programs have to know you passed COMLEX so they are 100% sure you can get licensed.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude many MD programs don't even know what a 500ish comlex means and I doubt they will even hunt to find out when they see your USMLE scores. I had programs asking me if 700 something was good, they don't give a crap about COMLEX. Just send the bloody scores, IMO if I were a PD and knew you were a DO that didn't send your comlex score Id assume you totally sucked or failed. 50oish is nothing to try and hide.

Thanks for this. I actually wasn't going to release my scores, but you made a good point.