only three interview days?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roadrunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an invitation from Creighton today but they're only offering three interview days. They didn't mention anything about offering other days if those three don't work for me. Any idea why a program would only offer three interview days out of three whole months?!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry bro, just registered.

How many spots do they have to fill at Creighton? If their IM program is small enough, maybe they just offer three days and manage to meet their cap. Doesn't UT Southwestern do something similar like only offer 6 days?

Or maybe those are the "VIP" days, and you've been selected to get treated like royalty! :)

<sigh>...if only!

DS

Creighton is offering many more dates than just three. From talking with them they are trying to get certain people together on one day. I think if you speak with them and request a different day that shouldn't be a problem. I spoke with a chief resident there today and he told me they are trying to limit the number of interview days because having three a week for three months was too much. Creighton takes 12-14 categorical interns each year by the way.

MDme said:
Creighton is offering many more dates than just three. From talking with them they are trying to get certain people together on one day. I think if you speak with them and request a different day that shouldn't be a problem. I spoke with a chief resident there today and he told me they are trying to limit the number of interview days because having three a week for three months was too much. Creighton takes 12-14 categorical interns each year by the way.

Thanks for the info! I was guessing that they were just trying to limit the number of interview days but wasn't sure.