Only took COMLEX I and II...would low step 2 still look better?

PediatricMan

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
My COMLEX I is a 480 and still waiting on level II to come back. My average NBMEs is around 207 with 209 being my most recent. I really wanted to take Step 2 to make up for not taking Step 1 but now I'm starting to think that I'm better off not risking failing Step 2 or scoring low. If I do end up taking it and pass within the 207-15 range, would it help or hurt my application? I want to do Pediatrics fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rekt

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My COMLEX I is a 480 and still waiting on level II to come back. My average NBMEs is around 207 with 209 being my most recent. I really wanted to take Step 2 to make up for not taking Step 1 but now I'm starting to think that I'm better off not risking failing Step 2 or scoring low. If I do end up taking it and pass within the 207-15 range, would it help or hurt my application? I want to do Pediatrics fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't take it. The passing score of step two isn't 192 like step one, for step 2 it's 209 so you're at a very dangerous risk of failing it. You can match somewhere with just COMLEX for pediatrics.

About the Ads