Only waiting for committee letter/LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verloren

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've submitted everything, from primary to secondary and now some schools are sending interview invites. The only thing schools are waiting on me for are my letters. All of my letters are complete, and I am only waiting on my pre-med committee to upload them.

However, they are inundated and do not want us calling them to harass them/ask for letter updates. They're the only ones with control over my letters and there's nothing I can do but wait...but I just wanted to make sure if there really is nothing I can do. Should I contact the admissions committees to explain? Is there anything I can do?

Sorry if I seem neurotic but I know a lot of other people are probably wondering the same thing. Though I understand my pre-med office's busy situation, a lot of my schools are rolling admissions...

Members don't see this ad.

Man, I'm in the same situation. I've been completed with everything since late June and am just waiting for them to send in my letters. I've contacting the Health Careers Office a few times but it's the same response... we're doing our best, hold up. Sadly they are slowing down the process - one that can be time sensitive. Even more sad is that I know that I'm in the first batch to be sent, so I guess unlucky others will have their letters going out into September and later... :(

Patience. It's out of your hands.

You will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted all my committee letter stuff in April, and was one of the earlier students, but apparently our letters don't get sent in that order, ugh...

I'm just kinda relaxing now, but I am just a smidge frustrated that my application is being delayed for reasons beyond my control. I might as well have waited another month to send secondaries

I'm in a little different situation. My school doesn't have a committee, so my writers send their letters individually to Interfolio and I take it from there. I have performed research under an MD/PhD for two years and recently won a grant for his lab. I asked him to write me a letter in December before I left for a semester abroad and he happily agreed. I said that a submission by June 1st would be ideal. However, he STILL has not submitted his letter! I sent a reminder in March, May, two in June, and two in July. He recently replied and said he would work on the letter the week of 7/25 but it's still not in. I subsequently sent an email last Friday with no response. What do you think I should do? I have given him plenty of time and I absolutely need his letter. He likes me and I know his intentions are good, but this is just getting ridiculous. I would appreciate advice. Thanks!!

Just be patient, there's really nothing you can do at this point. It's not like if you don't get your letters in this very moment then you won't get an interview. If you have the gpa, mcat, activities, etc. they'll call you in.

I've submitted everything, from primary to secondary and now some schools are sending interview invites. The only thing schools are waiting on me for are my letters. All of my letters are complete, and I am only waiting on my pre-med committee to upload them.

I didn't know schools handout interviews with LORs. I was under the impression that they needed all your materials before they will review your application.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misread your post.

I didn't know schools handout interviews with LORs. I was under the impression that they needed all your materials before they will review your application.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misread your post.

Duke, Vanderbilt, and Michigan give interviews (albeit only a handful at Michigan) without LORs.

I'm in that exact situation and it sucks. But there's nothing you can do about it, so just try to stop worrying about it. :(

Same here.... waiting for letters is painful...

Duke, Vanderbilt, and Michigan give interviews (albeit only a handful at Michigan) without LORs.

Where did you get this info?! OMG I would have submitted to Duke earlier!

EDIT: looked at the Duke thread. I guess that's what I get for not checking SDN too often. Well, the good news is it looks like other people have been thinking about the Duke secondary for ~a month like me...

BUT still kinda sad about my other schools. Wish I could go up to adcoms and be like, "It's not my fault I swear" jk jk

Last edited: