Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ontario mcat is full

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by amar21, May 13, 2007.

1. amar21

amar21 professional crammer

Pre-Medical
    Anyone else find it a little ridiculous that all august/late july seats for the MCAT filled up within 2-3hours of registration opening? On top of that, the system was bugged-up so that even if you did get a seat, the payment may or may have not gone through... so you ended up losing the seat!

That happened to me, I had august 20th booked... but the system's payment system didn't work. So I lost that seat, then 20mins later I managed to get july 13th and the payment then conveniently worked. Pretty annoying! Thats an entire month and a bit less of prep-time, all due to system errors. I mean, its the MCAT for f's sake.. get it right, we arent paying ~240$ for nothing.

Anyone else try to re-schedule every-day like me? Its frustrating as hell...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ludacris

Medical Student
    i hear you man... i have to go all the way to syracuse, ny!!

it's so bad... i wish they would open up more space and allow to mass check all locations

they pretty much take the money and do nothing to help students :mad:

4. amar21

Pre-Medical
    they really underestimated the amount of people wanting to write in august, and hoped everyone would sign up for june/july..

ive been hearing rumours they may open up more seats for august, I hope this is the case... with work and summer courses, my may/june is booked solid with little time for actual MCAT prep.

5. Ludacris

Medical Student
    I heard that they did this in Calgary at one point.

However, I'm afraid that by the time I go online to reschedule it's going to be all booked up...

Pretty much have to be really lucky to get a spot at this point.

What are you going to do if you can't get a spot in Ontario for Aug?

6. amar21

Pre-Medical
    ill write it in july i guess... no choice really at this point.

im banking on some cancellations or some new spots to open-up within the near future for ontario-august... HEAVILY banking

7. Ludacris

Medical Student
    true man.

i would do it in july but my prep course doesn't even finish till the 29th

8. amar21

Pre-Medical
    Yeah. Thats another thing... I really wanted to do a prep-course but unfortunately it wouldnt make sense if my actual test was before it ended!

God, this sucks. I might end up doing it in NY or something... we'll see I guess.

9. amar21

Pre-Medical
    yeah.. i buckled, the stress isnt worth it.. i just re-scheduled to write in detroit for august 16th. Im fine with that. It gives me ALOT more time to study and the chance to take a prep-course.

10. Ludacris

Medical Student
    yeah.. definitely worth it.

11. amar21

Pre-Medical
    for sure, best case scenario.. b/w now and then I find a seat in ontario that I can switch to...

Now i just need to find a decent prep course being offered in the london-area ...