1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

ontario mcat is full

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by amar21, May 13, 2007.

1. amar21

amar21 professional crammer
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Anyone else find it a little ridiculous that all august/late july seats for the MCAT filled up within 2-3hours of registration opening? On top of that, the system was bugged-up so that even if you did get a seat, the payment may or may have not gone through... so you ended up losing the seat!

That happened to me, I had august 20th booked... but the system's payment system didn't work. So I lost that seat, then 20mins later I managed to get july 13th and the payment then conveniently worked. Pretty annoying! Thats an entire month and a bit less of prep-time, all due to system errors. I mean, its the MCAT for f's sake.. get it right, we arent paying ~240$ for nothing.

Anyone else try to re-schedule every-day like me? Its frustrating as hell...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ludacris

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i hear you man... i have to go all the way to syracuse, ny!!

it's so bad... i wish they would open up more space and allow to mass check all locations

they pretty much take the money and do nothing to help students :mad:

4. amar21

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    they really underestimated the amount of people wanting to write in august, and hoped everyone would sign up for june/july..

ive been hearing rumours they may open up more seats for august, I hope this is the case... with work and summer courses, my may/june is booked solid with little time for actual MCAT prep.

5. Ludacris

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I heard that they did this in Calgary at one point.

However, I'm afraid that by the time I go online to reschedule it's going to be all booked up...

Pretty much have to be really lucky to get a spot at this point.

What are you going to do if you can't get a spot in Ontario for Aug?

6. amar21

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ill write it in july i guess... no choice really at this point.

im banking on some cancellations or some new spots to open-up within the near future for ontario-august... HEAVILY banking

7. Ludacris

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    true man.

i would do it in july but my prep course doesn't even finish till the 29th

8. amar21

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah. Thats another thing... I really wanted to do a prep-course but unfortunately it wouldnt make sense if my actual test was before it ended!

God, this sucks. I might end up doing it in NY or something... we'll see I guess.

9. amar21

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yeah.. i buckled, the stress isnt worth it.. i just re-scheduled to write in detroit for august 16th. Im fine with that. It gives me ALOT more time to study and the chance to take a prep-course.

10. Ludacris

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah.. definitely worth it.

11. amar21

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    for sure, best case scenario.. b/w now and then I find a seat in ontario that I can switch to...

Now i just need to find a decent prep course being offered in the london-area ...