Ontario Schools: Western vs. McMaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

currentlybored

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I've got a decision to make. I have until June 14th to decide whether I'll accept an offer of admission from Western or from Mac. I'm currently trying to do some research on both schools and their respective curriculums.

I was wondering if anybody on SDN could offer any insight. Impressions on either school? Are there any resources that you know of that could help me out?

If it makes a difference I did my undergrad at Mac in the Bachelor of Health Sciences programme.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I did my undergrad at U of T and from what I've heard, McMaster offers a very different, problem-based approach to medicine. Their interviews are brutal.

Western is also a great school, but it does not offer anything more than any other med school. If I were you, I would definitely chose Mac.

currentlybored said:
Well it looks like I've got a decision to make. I have until June 14th to decide whether I'll accept an offer of admission from Western or from Mac. I'm currently trying to do some research on both schools and their respective curriculums.

I was wondering if anybody on SDN could offer any insight. Impressions on either school? Are there any resources that you know of that could help me out?

If it makes a difference I did my undergrad at Mac in the Bachelor of Health Sciences programme.

Thanks